Ms. Contizano’s practice involves a broad range of corporate and commercial transactions, including representation of investors, issuers and portfolio companies in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, leveraged buyouts, growth equity investments, venture capital financing, direct secondaries, private company liquidity programs, reorganizations, recapitalizations, joint ventures and general corporate matters. In addition to her extensive representation of private equity sponsors and growth equity investors in their acquisition of and primary investments into private companies, Ms. Contizano has considerable expertise in structuring and executing secondary transactions and private tender offers for late-stage private companies and institutional investors. She represents clients in a variety of industries, including technology, software, media, business services, healthcare, education, consumer products, financial services, biotechnology and energy. Ms. Contizano’s practice has also expanded to include representation of investors in their impact investments, both in the U.S. and internationally.
Some of Ms. Contizano’s recent representations include:
- DST Global in its worldwide investments, including Facebook, Zynga, Groupon, Twitter, Box, Spotify, Alibaba, Funding Circle, Houzz, WISH, Zalando, Farfetch, Klarna, ZocDoc, Airbnb, Otoy, WhatsApp, Auto1, GreenSky, Deliveroo, Nubank, Go-Jek, Snapchat, Chime, Earnin, DoorDash, Revolut, Bulb, Stripe, Brex, Robinhood and Checkout.
- J.M. Huber Corporation in its acquisition of Miller Chemical & Fertilizer, a manufacturer and distributor of crop protection and nutritional agrichemical products designed to improve plant and crop production quality and yield.
- Webster Equity Partners in its acquisition of a compounding pharmacy.
- Various mutual fund complexes and growth equity investors with investments in U.S. and international technology companies (including through private tender offers), including Twitter, Coupang, Dropbox, Airbnb, Redfin, Allbirds, Gitlab and Procore.
- Founders Circle in various private tender offers.
- Atlassian, a leading provider in collaboration software for teams, in a tender offer conducted by third-party investors.
- KIND in its strategic partnership with Mars, Incorporated.
- Thoma Bravo in various leveraged buyouts and sale transactions, including its acquisition of Roadnet Technologies, Inc., a provider of vehicle routing and scheduling software, from UPS and the subsequent sale of Roadnet Technologies to Vista Equity Partners and its portfolio company Omnitracs LLC, as well as representation of multiple Thoma Bravo portfolio companies in corporate and strategic matters.
- JMI Equity in its growth equity investments in Rsam, the market leader and fastest time-to-value provider of Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) solutions, and automotiveMastermind, the leading provider of predictive analytics and marketing automation software for the automotive industry.
- TA Associates in its acquisition of Tectum Holdings, Inc., a leading manufacturer of pickup truck accessories, from Kinderhook Industries.
- The Carlyle Group in its leveraged buyout of Talent Partners, New York-based talent payroll, production support services and rights management solutions provider to the advertising industry, from Abry Partners.
- MissionPoint Capital Partners in multiple transactions, including its investments in Voltaix, LLC (a leading provider of materials that enhance the performance of semiconductor chips and solar cells), ReCommunity Recycling (a leading independent recycling company), and Trilliant Incorporated (a leader in delivering intelligent network solutions that form the nervous system of the Smart Grid), and representing MissionPoint’s portfolio companies, including ReCommunity and Accordant Energy, in corporate and strategic matters.
- Element Partners in multiple transactions, including its investment in Agility Fuel Systems, and ongoing representation of Agility Fuel Systems, the leading designer and producer of compressed and liquid natural gas fuel storage and delivery systems for heavy duty trucks, buses and specialty vehicles.
- WisdomTree Investments in a variety of exchange-traded fund product development joint ventures and acquisitions.
- Ridge Capital Partners in its leveraged buyout of Rock River Environmental Services, and subsequent portfolio company representation of Rock River.
Ms. Contizano is co-chair of Women@Goodwin in D.C. and actively involved in Goodwin’s diversity and inclusion efforts.
Ms. Contizano’s pro bono work includes representation of MIX Market and LuMind IDSC Foundation.