Ms. Contizano’s practice involves a broad range of corporate and commercial transactions, including representation of investors, issuers and portfolio companies in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, leveraged buyouts, growth equity investments, venture capital financing, direct secondaries, private company liquidity programs, reorganizations, recapitalizations, joint ventures and general corporate matters. In addition to her extensive representation of private equity sponsors and growth equity investors in their acquisition of and primary investments into private companies, Ms. Contizano has considerable expertise in structuring and executing secondary transactions and private liquidity programs for late-stage private companies and institutional investors. She has represented clients in a variety of industries, including technology, software, media, business services, healthcare, education, consumer products, financial services, biotechnology and energy.
Some of Ms. Contizano’s recent representations include:
- DST Global in its worldwide investments, including Facebook, Zynga, Groupon, Twitter, Box, Spotify, Alibaba, Funding Circle, Houzz, WISH, Zalando, Farfetch, Klarna, ZocDoc, Airbnb, Otoy and WhatsApp.
- Thoma Bravo in various leveraged buyouts and sale transactions, including its acquisition of Roadnet Technologies, Inc., a provider of vehicle routing and scheduling software, from UPS and the subsequent sale of Roadnet Technologies to Vista Equity Partners and its portfolio company Omnitracs LLC, as well as representation of multiple Thoma Bravo portfolio companies in corporate and strategic matters.
- JMI Equity in its growth equity investment in Rsam, the market leader and fastest time-to-value provider of Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) solutions, and automotiveMastermind, the leading provider of predictive analytics and marketing automation software for the automotive industry.
- TA Associates in its acquisition of Tectum Holdings, Inc., a leading manufacturer of pickup truck accessories, from Kinderhook Industries.
- The Carlyle Group in its leveraged buyout of Talent Partners, New York-based talent payroll, production support services and rights management solutions provider to the advertising industry, from Abry Partners.
- MissionPoint Capital Partners in multiple transactions, including its investments in Voltaix, LLC (a leading provider of materials that enhance the performance of semiconductor chips and solar cells), ReCommunity Recycling (a leading independent recycling company), and Trilliant Incorporated (a leader in delivering intelligent network solutions that form the nervous system of the Smart Grid), and representing MissionPoint’s portfolio companies, including ReCommunity and Accordant Energy, in corporate and strategic matters.
- Element Partners in multiple transactions, including its investments in Agility Fuel Systems and Environmental Drilling Solutions, and ongoing representation of Agility Fuel Systems, the leading designer and producer of compressed and liquid natural gas fuel storage and delivery systems for heavy duty trucks, buses and specialty vehicles, in corporate and strategic matters.
- Atlassian, a leading provider in collaboration software for teams, in a tender offer conducted by third-party investors.
- WisdomTree Investments in a variety of exchange-traded fund product development joint ventures and acquisitions.
- Ridge Capital Partners in its leveraged buyout of Rock River Environmental Services, and subsequent portfolio company representation of Rock River.
- Various Mutual Fund Complexes with investments in U.S. and international technology companies (including through structured liquidity programs), including Coupang, Dropbox and Airbnb.
- Sun Edison, the country’s leading solar energy provider, in its sale to MEMC Electronic Materials.
Ms. Contizano is a member of the American Bar Association and the National Association of Women Lawyers.