Ms. Dasaro’s experience includes:
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico Restructuring Proceedings: Representation of certain financial institutions.
- SunEdison, Inc.: Representation of defendant in fraudulent transfer litigation.
- Private Equity: Representation of distressed portfolio company in out-of-court restructuring.
- Unsecured creditors: Representations of landlords, mutual funds, bondholders and contract counterparties in the assertion and defense of claims in complex chapter 11 proceedings.
- Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities LLC: Representation of the trustee overseeing the liquidation under the Securities Investor Protection Act, pursuing fraudulent conveyance claims against domestic and foreign investors and feeder funds.Notable matters include appellate proceedings regarding the securities safe harbor of section 546(e) of the Bankruptcy Code and the extraterritorial application of the Bankruptcy Code; trial related to calculation of investor claims; and extensive discovery concerning the scope of Madoff’s Ponzi scheme including the deposition of Bernard L. Madoff.*
- Gawker Media LLC: Representation of the debtor in the chapter 11 proceeding.*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Ms. Dasaro was an associate in Baker Hostetler’s New York office. She previously served as a law clerk to Judge Sean H. Lane of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York. During law school, she served as a legal intern for Chief Judge Carla E. Craig of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of New York. Prior to and during law school, Ms. Dasaro held a position at a Big Four accounting firm, focusing on internal finance and auditor compliance matters.