Ms. Fisher’s representative experience includes:
- Defended the Board of Regents of the University of California in a four-week jury trial involving claims of discrimination and equal pay violations.*
- Represented a global software company in a lawsuit by the California Office of the State Controller concerning the failed implementation of software.*
- Defended a nursing and rehabilitation center in a qui tam action brought under the civil False Claims Act.*
- Represented a technology company in false claims litigation involving alleged government contracting abuses.*
- Defended a financial services company in an investigation by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.*
- Represented an international trade and consumer sales company and its CEO in a U.S. Department of Justice investigation involving the trafficking of counterfeit goods.*
- Represented an officer of a major Chinese corporation in a U.S. Department of Justice investigation regarding violations of the Economic Espionage Act. *
- Represented foreign executives of a U.S. corporation in a U.S. Department of Justice investigation regarding overseas payments implicating the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.*
- Represented a foreign information technology and electronics company in a U.S. Department of Justice, Antitrust Division investigation and parallel multi-district civil litigation regarding alleged price-fixing in liquid crystal display market.*
- Conducted an internal investigation into the operations and compliance procedures of a California cannabis company on behalf of its investors.*
- Represented one of the fastest growing cannabis companies in the United States in a $100 million exclusive global license agreement with a leader in engineering and industrialization of biology.*
- Advised a multinational technology company regarding risks and opportunities associated with selling software and software consulting services to cannabis businesses in the United States and Canada.*
- Served as regulatory counsel for a venture capital firm in its first investment in the cannabis industry, a $35 million Series B funding round for online cannabis inventory and ordering platform.*
- Served as regulatory counsel for one of the world's largest cannabis companies based in Canada with its expansion into the U.S. market through a $300 million acquisition of the manufacturer and distributor of a high-end range of hemp-derived cannabidiol (CBD) products.*
- Represented a Canadian private equity firm in connection with an investment in a vertically-integrated cannabis company in California, including providing advice and due diligence on legal, regulatory, corporate, real estate, and insurance matters.*
- Advised multiple multinational insurance companies regarding risks and opportunities associated with offering insurance to cannabis businesses in jurisdictions in North America.*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Ms. Fisher is a member of the American Bar Association, Bar Association of San Francisco, and Women’s White Collar Defense Association. She also co-founded Women Leaders in Cannabis, a networking organization for women entrepreneurs, investors and executives in the cannabis industry. Ms. Fisher is a regular speaker at cannabis industry events and has presented on a wide range of topics relevant to the industry, including government investigations and enforcement actions, financial services, licensing and compliance, and crisis communications.
Prior to becoming a lawyer, Ms. Fisher was involved in politics and legislative policy-making at the federal level. She worked on Capitol Hill for Congressman Adam Schiff as a Legislative Assistant and served as the Deputy Finance Director for Congressman Schiff’s first campaign for Congress in 2000. While in Washington, D.C., Ms. Fisher also worked in the office of Congresswoman Ellen Tauscher.