Ms. Fisher’s representative experience includes:
- Represents Surterra Wellness dba Parallel in a commercial contract litigation with a payment processing vendor in California state court.
- Represents Kiva Brands in intellectual property litigation involving claims of trademark infringement.
- Represents vertically-integrated, multi-state operator in arbitration arising out of broken M&A transaction.
- Counsel to hemp-derived CBD company in investigation by the Federal Trade Commission related to marketing and advertising of CBD products.
- Counsel to investor in cannabis company in investigation by the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Counsel to manufacturing and distribution cannabis company operating in California on regulatory, licensing and commercial matters.
- Counsel to California cultivation company on regulatory and corporate matters.
- Counsel to advertising agency for cannabis brands and businesses.
- Regulatory counsel for a venture capital firm in connection with investments in the cannabis industry.
- Regulatory counsel for a private equity firm focused on investing in the cannabis industry.
- Regulatory counsel for a startup hemp-derived CBD company.
- Conducted an internal investigation into the operations and compliance procedures of a California cannabis company on behalf of its investors.*
- Represented one of the fastest growing cannabis companies in the United States in a $100 million exclusive global license agreement with a leader in engineering and industrialization of biology.*
- Advised a multinational technology company regarding risks and opportunities associated with selling software and software consulting services to cannabis businesses in the United States and Canada.*
- Served as regulatory counsel for a venture capital firm in its first investment in the cannabis industry, a $35 million Series B funding round for online cannabis inventory and ordering platform.*
- Served as regulatory counsel for one of the world's largest cannabis companies based in Canada with its expansion into the U.S. market through a $300 million acquisition of the manufacturer and distributor of a high-end range of hemp-derived cannabidiol (CBD) products.*
- Represented a Canadian private equity firm in connection with an investment in a vertically-integrated cannabis company in California, including providing advice and due diligence on legal, regulatory, corporate, real estate, and insurance matters.*
- Advised multiple multinational insurance companies regarding risks and opportunities associated with offering insurance to cannabis businesses in jurisdictions in North America.*
White Collar Criminal Defense and Government Investigations
- Represented a foreign information technology and electronics company in a U.S. Department of Justice, Antitrust Division investigation and parallel multi-district civil litigation regarding alleged price-fixing in liquid crystal display market.*
- Represented CFO in a DOJ criminal tax investigation.*
- Defended a financial services company in an investigation by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.*
- Represented an international trade and consumer sales company and its CEO in a U.S. Department of Justice investigation involving the trafficking of counterfeit goods.*
- Represented an officer of a major Chinese corporation in a U.S. Department of Justice investigation regarding violations of the Economic Espionage Act.*
- Represented foreign executives of a U.S. corporation in a U.S. Department of Justice investigation regarding overseas payments implicating the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.*
Complex Civil Litigation
- Defended the Board of Regents of the University of California in a four-week jury trial involving claims of discrimination and equal pay violations.*
- Represented a global software company in a lawsuit by the California Office of the State Controller concerning the failed implementation of software.*
- Defended a nursing and rehabilitation center in a qui tam action brought under the civil False Claims Act.*
- Represented a technology company in false claims litigation involving alleged government contracting abuses.*