Significant representations include:
- Johnson and Johnson UK Treasury Company Limited as lead investor of the $1.3 billion Series B financing of Grail, Inc., which was named LMG Life Sciences 2017 “Impact Deal of the Year”*
- Zealand Pharma in its upsized $90 million IPO on The NASDAQ Global Select Market.*
- Janssen Pharmaceutical NV, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson, in its $155 million sale of injectable anesthesia and pain management products to Piramal Enterprises’ critical care division.*
- Acclarent, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson in its spinout of Tusker Medical Inc. to Apple Tree Partners.*
- A wholly-owned subsidiary of an S&P 500 pharmaceutical company in its equity and debt financing of a private life sciences company.*
- An affiliate of a leading biopharmaceutical company in an asset spin off and a collaboration and license agreement with a company co-founded by a US-based investment firm.*
- A healthcare company in its reorganization and series seed financing.*
- A multinational medical device company in its $51 million acquisition of assets and a subsequent joint venture.
- E-commerce company Lazada Group on the $1 billion sale of a controlling stake in the company to Alibaba, which was named “M&A Deal of the Year: Southeast Asia” at The Asian Lawyer’s 2017 Asia Legal Awards.*
- A leading 3D printing company on a series of substantial acquisitions for $695 million.*
- A leading 3D printing company in its $481 million follow-on public offering on NASDAQ.*
- A leading 3D printing company in its merger and subsequent registration statement on NASDAQ.*
- A multinational technology corporation on a series of cross-border acquisitions.*
- A private Israeli company in its $15.5 million Series B financing from several venture capital funds.*
Mergers and Acquisitions
- A multinational conglomerate holding company in the $475 million sale of its subsidiary to a Fortune 500 global manufacturing and marketing company.*
- A private equity firm in its investment in a leading Mid-Atlantic eye care platform.*
- A private equity firm in its acquisition of a Georgia-based wholesale and direct-to-consumer distributor of value-oriented furniture.*
* Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Prior to joining Goodwin in 2018, Mr. Katz was an associate at Dechert LLP in New York and at Meitar Liquornik Geva Leshem Tal in Tel Aviv.
While attending law school, Mr. Katz was the Editor-in-Chief (Vol. 34) and an Editorial Board Member (Vol. 33) of Tel Aviv University Law Review (Iyunei Misphat).
Prior to his studies at Tel Aviv University, Mr. Katz served as an officer in the Israel Defense Forces.