Mr. Kranz’ practice is focused on corporate counseling and strategic advice to his clients and he regularly handles a variety of major business transactions, including public offerings, mergers and acquisitions, and strategic collaborations and commercial transactions. Mr. Kranz’ activities in recent years include representing:
- Gaming & Leisure Properties in its $1.65 billion acquisition of Tropicana Entertainment from Icahn Enterprises and simultaneous lease of gaming facilities to Eldorado Resorts, Inc.
- Empire State Realty in multiple transactions, including the $620 million acquisition of a 9.9% interest in ESRT by an affiliate of Qatar Investment Authority
- Medical Properties Trust in its €1.6 billion joint venture transaction with Primonial Group, involving a portfolio of German healthcare assets
- Cedar Realty Trust in multiple matters, including public offerings of common and preferred and activist defense
- Phillips Edison & Company in multiple corporate and governance matters, including advice with respect to its recent $1.9 billion acquisition of Phillips Edison Grocery Center REIT II
- Medical Properties Trust in its €500 million bond offering in Frankfurt/London and listing on the Irish Stock Exchange, one of the first public eurobond offerings by a U.S. REIT
- AvalonBay Communities in a $685 million public offering of its common stock on a forward basis
Mr. Kranz is a member of the adjunct faculty at The Paul Milstein Center for Real Estate, Columbia Business School and a lecturer in law at Columbia Law School. In 2018, Mr. Kranz was a guest lecturer at Tel Aviv University Law School, teaching coursework in U.S. mergers and acquisitions practice. Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Kranz was a corporate associate in the New York and London offices of Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP.