Mr. Opper has extensive transactional experience advising public and private companies in mergers and acquisitions and securities offerings, including IPOs and follow-on and 144A offerings, with a particular focus on REITs and real estate operating companies. He also regularly advises public companies on corporate governance matters and private real estate investment funds in connection with the fund formation process and ongoing governance and management matters.
Mr. Opper’s recent representative transactions for clients include:
- Easterly Government Properties in its initial public offering, Mid-America Apartment Communities in its acquisitions of Colonial Properties Trust and Post Properties
- Cole Credit Properties Trust II in its merger with Spirit Realty Capital
- Five Mile Capital Partners in the acquisition of Prime Group Realty Trust
- Morgan Stanley Real Estate in the contribution of assets to the IPO of Hudson Pacific Properties
- Morgan Stanley Real Estate in the sale of a minority interest in Americold Realty Trust to The Yucapia Companies
- Morgan Stanley Real Estate in the acquisitions of CNL Hotels & Resorts and Glenborough Realty Trust
Mr. Opper is a member of the American Bar Association and the Massachusetts and New York State Bar Associations. He previously served as the co-chair of the MCLE program “Understanding and Utilizing REITs & Real Estate Joint Venture Agreements.”
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Opper was an associate at Sullivan & Cromwell LLP in New York.