Ms. Rapalino’s recent engagements include:
- Lupin Limited in a patent infringement suit in District of New Jersey in connection with Prolensa, an ophthalmic anti-inflammatory drug.
- Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. in a patent infringement suit in District of Delaware in connection with a generic version of Genzyme’s stem cell mobilizing agent, Mozobil (plerixafor).
- Cephalon Inc. in a patent infringement suit in District of Delaware in connection with Treanda, an anti-cancer drug. After trial against five defendants, Cephalon prevailed in the district court on its claims of infringement against all defendants.
- Fresenius Kabi USA LLC and Teva Parenteral Medicines Inc. in a patent infringement suit in the Southern District of Indiana in connection with Alimta, an anti-cancer drug.
- Teva Pharmaceuticals in a patent infringement suit in District of New Jersey in connection with Prezista, an anti-HIV drug. Ms. Rapalino was involved in negotiating settlement of that case during trial.
- Teva Pharmaceuticals in a patent infringement suit in connection with Lovenox, a blood thinning drug. Teva won summary judgment of non-infringement on two separate bases in Massachusetts District Court.
- Teva Pharmaceuticals in a patent infringement suit in connection with Eloxatin, a colon cancer drug. After winning summary judgment of non-infringement in the New Jersey District Court, Teva prevailed in litigations in U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit, clearing the way for the launch of its generic version of Eloxatin.
- Supervision of pro bono Summer Associate Research Project for the Anti Defamation League
- Pro bono representation of the Joyful Heart Foundation in connection with its end-the-rape-kit-backlog initiative
Prior to joining Goodwin, Ms. Rapalino was an associate at Fish & Neave, where her practice concentrated on patent litigation, prosecution and counseling in the pharmaceutical, medical device and biotechnology fields.