Mr. Sawyer recently represented:
- A non-traded real estate investment trust in its completed $1.8 billion acquisition of Equity Inns Lodging Portfolio from affiliates of Whitehall Real Estate Funds. The portfolio included 116 hotels with a combined 13,744 rooms across 31 states. The acquisition established the REIT as one of the largest select-service hotel REITs in North America.
- A real estate investment firm in a $18.9 million credit facility with CIT Bank, as lender, and CIT Finance LLC, as administrative agent, secured by a mortgage on The Chesterfield Apartments located in Cleveland, Ohio. The loan proceeds were used to refinance existing debt and to renovate and rebrand the property.
- A real estate private equity firm in its joint venture investment in Oak Brook Executive Plaza, located in Oak Brook, Illinois with Golub Oak Brook EP Investors. Oak Brook Executive Plaza consists of 389,000 square feet of office and retail space spread throughout two identical eleven story office towers, a single story “link” connecting the towers, and a separate four story building.
- A real estate investment firm in its joint venture investment in (i) 10 Post Office Square, a 13 story office building located in Boston, Massachusetts and (ii) certain shares in corporations which own the Post Office Square Parking Garage.
- A real estate investment trust in a $500 million corporate debt restructuring related to a portfolio of shopping centers.
Mr. Sawyer is a member of the Board of Trustees of the Pawtucket, Rhode Island Boys and Girls Club. He is also a Member of the National Association of Development Companies and the Boston Bar Association.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Sawyer was an associate at Partridge Snow & Hahn LLP.