Ms. Schoenthal’s representative experience includes:
- Represented a service and mortgage lender in enforcement action by the New York Attorney General*
- Affirmed in Second Circuit dismissal of class action alleging violations of FDCPA due to allegedly misleading debt validation notices*
- Represented the owner in a multimillion-dollar real estate and construction dispute between contractors, building owners, and investors*
- Successfully defended, through appeal, precedent-setting class actions concerning validity of automatic renewal and late-fee provisions*
- Represented loan servicer in CFPB investigation and enforcement action and state regulator inquiries relating to loss mitigation practices*
- Obtained dismissal of a qui tam complaint against loan servicer asserting violations of the retaliation provisions of the False Claims Act and Dodd Frank Act*
Ms. Schoenthal is a member of the Association of the Bar of the City of New York, where she serves on the New York Foreclosure Task Force and previously served on the E-Discovery Working Group and the Committee on Professional Ethics.She is also a member of the New York State Bar Association.