Recent matters in which Mr. Shuster served as IP lead include:
- Celenex’s $100 million acquisition by Amicus*
- Seres Therapeutics’ $1.9 billion partnership with Nestle Health Sciences*
- Crescendo Biosciences’ $270 million acquisition by Myriad Genetics*
- ProNAi Therapeutics’ (now Sierra Oncology) $158 million initial public offering*
- Seres Therapeutics’ $140 million IPO*
- Bolt Threads’ Series A and B financings, which raised a combined $40 million*
- Google Ventures’ investment in Forty Seven's $75 million Series A financing*
- Gritstone Oncology’s IPO, strategic collaboration with Bluebird Bio, and $97.5 million Series B financing*
- PACT Pharma’s $95 million Series B financing*
- Pionyr Immunotherapeutics’ $62 million Series B financing*
- GRAIL’s definitive agreement to combine with Cirina*
- Bio-Rad’s acquisition of RainDance Technologies*
- BioPharmX’s $10 million IPO*
* Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Mr. Shuster serves on the advisory board of CalBIO, the biotech division of the California Technology Counsel. He is also a co-instructor of “A Life Scientist’s Guide to Intellectual Property” at the University of California, San Francisco, and regularly lectures about intellectual property law subjects. Formerly, he was chair of the IP section of the Barristers Club of San Francisco.