On the transactional side, Mr. Silver represents clients from a diverse range of industries including agriculture, medical devices, aerospace and defense, hospitals, and insurance in connection with high-profile transactions and civil investigations before the U.S. Department of Justice and Federal Trade Commission. His representations include:
- Centene Corporation in its acquisitions of Magellan Health, WellCare Health Plans, Inc., Health Net, Inc. and Fidelis Care, and others;*
- E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company in its merger with The Dow Chemical Company in an all-stock merger of equals;*
- Essendant Inc. in its acquisition by Staples Inc.;*
- Stryker Corporation in numerous transactions, including its acquisitions of Wright Medical Group, K2M, Inc. and Entellus Medical;*
- Hospira, Inc. in its acquisition by Pfizer Inc.;*
- Robert Wood Johnson Health System in its merger with Barnabas Health;* and
- XL Group in its acquisition of Catlin Group Limited.*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
In addition to transactional matters, Mr. Silver advises clients in antitrust litigation and investigations, including HarperCollins in DOJ and state attorneys general investigations and private class action litigation regarding the sale of e-books, a high-tech company in a DOJ investigation into alleged hiring practices, and Domfoam International Inc. and Valle Foam Industries in a multidistrict price-fixing class action litigation.
Mr. Silver also has counseled professional sports leagues and teams on a variety of sports law matters. He has advised the National Hockey League in the negotiation, drafting and administration of its collective bargaining agreement, including arbitration proceedings, and has advised the league on antitrust, intellectual property, and other legal and business issues.