Mr. Simon’s recent experience includes representing:
- A nationally recognized real estate investment and advisory firm in conducting a UCC foreclosure in connection with its mezzanine loan relating to underlying real estate located in New York, New York.
- Various institutional sponsors in the formation, ongoing management and operation of private investment fund vehicles, with target sizes ranging from approximately $250 million to $2 billion, including advising on considerations related to Investment Company Act and Investment Advisers Act matters.
- Lenders in connection with the workout of non-performing loans and preferred equity investments, including advising clients on available remedies and other strategies.
- A debt fund in the origination of an approximately $380 million multi-tiered construction loan to indirect subsidiaries of a joint venture for the redevelopment of a multifaceted site into a mixed-use retail/residential project.
- A debt fund in the origination of a $95 million mezzanine bridge loan to fund certain acquisition and pre-development costs in connection with the creation of a large multi-parcel assemblage upon which the sponsor intended to construct a luxury office tower.
- A debt fund in obtaining note-on-note financing, in the aggregate amount of $120 million, for a construction loan previously originated by such debt fund.
- A real estate fund in obtaining a $250 million subscription-secured credit line to support its fund-wide activities.
- An institutional fund sponsor in obtaining a $33 million refinancing loan for a pre-development project.
- An institutional private equity real estate firm in connection with the creation of a highly-complex $2 billion programmatic joint venture with a foreign sovereign wealth fund designed to focus on the acquisition and operation of senior housing facilities.
- A publicly-traded equity REIT sponsor in connection with a joint venture that included an initial contribution of assets by such sponsor valued at approximately $760 million.
- A hospitality client in the acquisition of a hotel property as well as in the closing of a loan facilitating financing of approximately $24 million to fund such acquisition.
Mr. Simon is a member of the Urban Land Institute, a global organization that focuses on a variety of verticals within the real estate industry.