Mr. Spence’s recent matters include representing:
- Angelo, Gordon & Co on various acquisitions, sales and related joint ventures, including the acquisition and subsequent sale of the corporate owner of 33 Queen Street, London EC4 and the acquisition and subsequent sale of the corporate owner of a vacant 36,000 square feet office block at 6-7 Grosvenor Place, London SW1.
- Ares Management on various matters, including the establishment of a joint venture relating to the acquisition and on-going development of the Kampus PRS/mixed use site in Manchester and the acquisition of a 70% stake in the Go Native serviced apartment operating business and related joint venture arrangements.
- Gramercy Property Europe plc on the €1.085 billion sale of Gramercy’s European logistics portfolio to a consortium of clients managed by AXA Investment Managers.
- GreenOak Real Estate on the establishment of a 50/50 joint venture with Activum for the acquisition of Spanish office property in Madrid and on related asset and property management arrangements.
- HIG Capital in relation to Bayside Capital’s (a credit affiliate of HIG Capital) joint venture with M7 Real Estate to acquire light industrial real estate in the Netherlands.
- HSBC and Hines, as joint owners, on the £416 million sale of the entire issued share capital of the corporate owner of the 460,000 square feet Broadgate Quarter office complex, situated on the northern edge of the Broadgate estate, London EC2.
- Kennedy Wilson Europe Real Estate plc on the £204 million acquisition of 111 Buckingham Palace Road, SW1 – a 227,000 sq. ft. landmark, Grade A building located near Victoria Station in London.
- A global alternative asset manager on the establishment of a c. £150 million co-investment vehicle to invest in the acquisition and development of PRS schemes across three central London locations.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Spence was a senior associate with Linklaters LLP.