Ms. Svokos’s transactional experience includes the following strategic alliance and collaboration transactions and mergers and acquisitions:
Strategic Alliances and Collaborations
- Arrakis Therapeutics in its strategic collaboration and license agreement with Roche for the discovery of RNA-targeted small molecules (rSM) drugs against a broad set of targets across all of Roche’s research and development areas for an upfront payment of $190 million in cash and potential value to Arrakis in excess of several billion dollars
- Royalty Pharma in its purchase of the worldwide royalties on future worldwide sales of tazemetostat from Epizyme, Inc. and Eisai Co. Ltd.
- Ginkgo Bioworks in its collaboration with Synlogic to accelerate its pipeline of Synthetic Biotic medicines using Ginkgo’s cell programming platform providing an $80 million equity investment in Synlogic and a $30 million payment to Ginkgo for research and development
- Kymera Therapeutics in its strategic collaboration with Vertex to advance small molecule protein degraders against multiple biological targets, with an upfront payment of $70 million to Kymera, including an equity investment, and potential future payments to Kymera in excess of $1 billion
- insitro in its strategic collaboration with Gilead to discover and develop therapies for patients with NASH, with up to $50 million in near-term payments, plus royalties and milestones
- Obsidian Therapeutics in its strategic collaboration with Celgene to develop novel, regulated cell therapies using Obsidian’s destabilizing domain technology
- Moderna Therapeutics in its strategic collaboration with Merck to advance novel mRNA-based personalized cancer vaccines, with an upfront payment of $200 million, and the expansion of the strategic alliance to include additional shared antigen mRNA cancer vaccines, with an equity investment of $125 million
- ImmuNext in its exclusive, worldwide licensing agreement with Sanofi to develop and commercialize a CD40L monoclonal antibody to treat autoimmune diseases, with potential deal value of up to $500 million, plus royalties
- Teva Pharmaceuticals in its license agreement with Heptares to develop and commercialize novel, small-molecule calcitonin gene-related peptide antagonists discovered by Heptares, valued up to $410 million, plus royalties
- BlueRock Therapeutics, a next-generation regenerative medicine company, in its $225 million financing by Bayer and Versant Ventures and seminal in-licenses and alliances with Memorial Sloan Kettering, the Centre for Commercialization of Regenerative Medicine and University Health Networks
- Blueprint Medicines in its worldwide collaboration with Roche, valued up to $1 billion with a $45 million upfront payment.
- Surface Oncology in its collaboration with Novartis to develop next generation immunotherapies, with Surface eligible to receive up to $170 million in near term cash, plus milestones and royalties
- Teva Pharmaceuticals, in its worldwide collaboration with Regeneron Pharmaceuticals to develop and commercialize fasinumab, with an upfront payment of $250 million, as well as ongoing research and development costs of approximately $1 billion
- Promedior in its agreement to be acquired by Roche, valued at up to $1.39 billion
- BlueRock Therapeutics in its sale to Bayer, valued up to $1 billion, with an up-front payment of $240 million
- Syntimmune in its sale to Alexion, valued up to $1.2 billion, with an up-front payment of $400 million
- Nimbus Therapeutics in the negotiation of a strategic alliance with Celgene Corporation in immunology
- Delinia Therapeutics in its sale to Celgene, valued up to $775 million with an up-front payment of $300 million
- Nimbus Therapeutics in connection with the $1.2 billion sale of its ACC inhibitor program to Gilead Biosciences
Ms. Svokos is a member of the American Intellectual Property Law Association.
Prior to joining Goodwin and during law school, Ms. Svokos served as the Intellectual Property Manager for BrainScope Company, Inc., a medical neuro-technology company based in Bethesda, MD.
While attending law school, Ms. Svokos served as the Symposium Editor for the Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics and as the President of the Student Intellectual Property Law Association.