Some of Ms. Svokos's recent matters include:
- Nimbus Therapeutics in the negotiation of a strategic alliance with Celgene Corporation in immunology
- Teva in its license agreement with Heptares to develop and commercialize novel, small-molecule calcitonin gene-related peptide antagonists discovered by Heptares, valued up to $410 million, plus royalties
- ImmuNext in its exclusive, worldwide license with Sanofi to develop and commercialize a CD40L monoclonal antibody for use in autoimmune diseases, with potential deal value of up to $500 million, plus royalties
- Delinia Therapeutics in its sale to Celgene, valued up to $775 million with an up-front payment of $300 million
- BlueRock Therapeutics, a next-generation regenerative medicine company, in its $225 million financing by Bayer and Versant Ventures and seminal in-licenses and alliances with Memorial Sloan Kettering, the Centre for Commercialization of Regenerative Medicine and University Health Networks
- Moderna Therapeutics in its strategic collaboration with Merck to advance novel mRNA-based personalized cancer vaccines, with an upfront payment of $200 million.
- Blueprint Medicines in its worldwide collaboration with Roche, valued up to $1 billion with a $45 million upfront payment.
- Surface Oncology in its collaboration with Novartis to develop next generation immunotherapeutics, with Surface to receive up to $170 million in near term cash, plus milestones and royalties.
- Nimbus Therapeutics in connection with the $1.2 billion sale of its ACC inhibitor program to Gilead Biosciences.
- Teva Pharmaceuticals, in its worldwide collaboration with Regeneron Pharmaceuticals to develop and commercialize fasinumab, with an upfront payment of $250 million, as well as ongoing research and development costs of approximately $1 billion.
Ms. Svokos is a member of the American Intellectual Property Law Association.
Prior to joining Goodwin and during law school, Ms. Svokos served as the Intellectual Property Manager for BrainScope Company, Inc., a medical neuro-technology company based in Bethesda, MD.
While attending law school, Ms. Svokos served as the Symposium Editor for the Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics and as the President of the Student Intellectual Property Law Association.