She has represented clients through trial in district courts, and has significant federal jury trial experience, including serving as second-chair trial counsel. She has conducted examinations of witnesses, prepared witnesses, managed trial activities and prepared and argued pre- and post-trial motions. Her experience includes arguing claim construction, Daubert, and other motions, as well as taking and defending depositions, drafting briefs and managing discovery. Ms. Walsh also advises companies in portfolio management and intellectual property strategy.
Ms. Walsh’s recent experience includes:
- Obtaining a favorable settlement for a web security company facing multiple patent and trade secret claims from a potential competitor.
- Preparing the damages case as part of a trial team that obtained a nine-figure patent infringement jury verdict for a non-profit medical research foundation.
- Winning summary judgment on utility and design patent claims on behalf of a food packaging company.
- Successfully representing a Fortune 500 technology company against patent infringement, trade secret misappropriation, contract, and fraud claims. Following a two-week jury trial and post-trial motions on claims seeking in excess of $500 million in damages, the judgment awarded the plaintiff just $33,000 in damages.
- Representing through trial a Fortune 100 company in a contract dispute over microchips.