Ms. Walsh’s matter highlights include:
- Otto Trucking, LLC, in defense of patent infringement, trade secret misappropriation and other state law claims. Achieved summary judgment victory for Otto Trucking.
- A publicly listed cybersecurity company in defending claims of patent infringement and trade secret misappropriation. Following our client’s successful challenge to the plaintiff’s trade secret disclosure and the Court’s issuance of a protective order barring discovery by the plaintiff on its trade secret claims. Plaintiff dismissed its claims of trade secret misappropriation and also dismissed its patent infringement claims against our client.
- A publicly listed cybersecurity company in asserting claims of patent infringement against a competitor in the U.S. District Courts in San Jose and San Francisco, California. As part of a multi-case resolution, our client voluntarily withdrew its claims, but without prejudice.
- A wearable device company, winning dismissal of claims for lack of patentable subject matter, as well as attorney’s fees, before claim construction in a multi-patent litigation.
- ARRIS, in IPR proceedings directed to validity of several Sony Corporation patents asserted against ARRIS subsidiary in co-pending district court patent infringement litigation. Obtained final written decisions invalidating all challenged claims in two Sony patents.
- A multinational technology company, against patent infringement, trade secret misappropriation, contract, and fraud claims. Following a two-week jury trial and post-trial motions on claims seeking in excess of $500 million in damages, the judgment awarded the plaintiff just $33,000 in damages.
- Preparing the damages case as part of a trial team that obtained a nine-figure patent infringement jury verdict for a non-profit medical research foundation.
- Winning summary judgment on utility and design patent claims on behalf of a food packaging company.
- Representing through trial a Fortune 100 company in a contract dispute over microchips.
Prior to joining Goodwin in 2015, Ms. Walsh was an associate in Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP’s IP litigation group. She began her career in private practice at Kirkland & Ellis LLP in San Francisco.