Hedge fund markets are facing extraordinary challenges, including increased competition and a changing global regulatory environment. With extensive experience and resources in this industry, we help our hedge fund clients find opportunities, capitalize on them and provide better service to their investors.
We offer interdisciplinary expertise and an understanding of the “big picture” – which is critical for clients who offer their investors a wide range of investment products and services. We routinely handle complex matters for independent hedge fund managers, institutional sponsors, financial service firms, private equity investors and other investment management clients. At the portfolio level, we help hedge fund clients execute an array of investment strategies. Our hedge fund practice advises on and helps clients manage the full range of issues that affect global businesses and investments, including the following:
Hedge fund managers provide investors with their best ideas and execution strategies. We do the same for our clients.
- Onshore and offshore fund structuring and formation
- Side pockets, liquidating trusts and redemptions in-kind
- Funds of funds structures
- Fiduciary obligations, including ERISA
- Tax strategies and planning
- Distressed investing and financial restructuring transactions
- Leverage transactions (including synthetic leverage)
- Hedging strategies (including complex derivatives)
- Active investment strategies (including M&A, arbitrage and private equity investing)
- Investment restrictions, analysis and compliance
- Regulatory and compliance matters
- Succession planning and exit strategies
- Mergers and acquisitions of hedge fund managers and other alternative asset managers