The Supreme Court decision in Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization returned authority for regulating abortion to the states. This raises a host of complex new legal and ethical issues for companies with employees in the United States or that provide certain products or services in the country.
Our Dobbs Task Force brings experts together from across the firm to help companies navigate this new and rapidly evolving landscape. That includes advisors with expertise in state and federal regulation as well as areas that are affected by Dobbs-related issues, such as:
- Employment and benefits, including ERISA
- Healthcare, women's health, pharmaceuticals, and insurance
- Technology and medtech products and services
- Privacy and data security
- Public company disclosure
- Transactions, including due diligence
- Investigations and enforcement
The interjurisdictional implications of the decision are particularly complicated, given that companies will have to contend with different and often conflicting regulations in each state where they operate. In some cases, state and federal rules may also come into conflict.
Get in Touch
Connect with a member of our Dobbs team below to let us know how we can help as you grapple with issues in these and other areas.