Akshay Chauhan is an associate in Goodwin’s Employment practice. He advises clients on issues in all areas of contentious and non-contentious employment law. He also regularly counsels clients on the employment law aspects of corporate acquisitions and reorganisations.
Akshay represents a variety of clients across a wide range of sectors. His experience includes advising on the employment aspects of high-value and complex corporate transactions, employee transfers, executive exits and other employee dismissals, data protection issues in relation to UK-based employees and advice to business leaders on day-to-day employment issues. He has particular experience advising clients on harmonising employees’ terms and conditions, cross-border reorganisations and negotiating senior executives’ terms of employment and departures.
Akshay maintains an active pro bono practice which includes representing clients before English social security tribunals.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Akshay was an associate at Skadden Arps.
His recent experience includes representation of:
- Negotiated the departure of a senior executive of a life sciences company
- Advised media streaming company on its acquisition of a key copyrights and trademarks company*
- Advised a talent agency on the enforceability of restrictive covenants for various key employees*
- Lead a multi-jurisdictional project putting in place global employment contracts, handbooks, and policies*
- Implemented and advised on dismissing and replacing the management team of a luxury fashion company*
- Advised a US conglomerate on UK equal pay liability issues*
- Negotiated service arrangements with an employer of record provider on behalf of a UK start-up
- Coordinated employment diligence and harmonization of employee terms on numerous cross-border acquisitions for clients*
* Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin
Akshay is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association.
BPP Law School
- England & Wales