Brady Cummins is an associate in Goodwin’s Antitrust and Competition practice. He advises clients on all aspects of antitrust issues related to mergers and acquisitions including US and international antitrust filing assessments, antitrust risk assessments, risk-shifting negotiations and agreements, and FTC and DOJ investigations. Brady has advocated on behalf of clients across a broad range of industries before the FTC, DOJ, and state enforcers during all aspects of merger investigations as well as conduct and cartel investigations.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Brady practiced at Latham & Watkins LLP. Prior to private practice, Brady was a law clerk in the Mergers IV Division of the FTC Bureau of Competition.
Brady’s representative experience includes:
- Mimecast Limited in its acquisition by Permira for approximately $5.8 billion
- Citrix Systems in its acquisition by affiliates of Vista Equity Partners Elliott Investment Management L.P.for $16.5 billion
- Deliverr in its sale to Shopify for $2.1 billion
- Pixomondo in its acquisition by Sony Pictures Entertainment
- Poshmark in its acquisition by Naver Corporation for approximately $1.6 billion
- Checkr in its acquisition of GoodHire
- Bio Products Laboratory (BPL) in its combination with Kedrion Biopharma and acquisition by funds advised by Permira Capital Partners
- Lucid Holdings in its acquisition by Cint Group AB for $1.1 billion
- DaVita Medical Group in its acquisition by UnitedHealthcare*
- Agrium in its merger with PotashCorp*
- Nissan in its acquisition of a controlling stake in Mitsubishi Motors*
- Orbitz in its acquisition by Expedia*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
George Mason University School of Law
University of Virginia
- District of Columbia
- New York
Recognition & Awards
- Co-Author, “United States: FTC Looks Set to Open up New Enforcement Front,” Global Competition Review, October 21, 2022
- Co-Author, “Tools of Reason: Truncation Through Judicial Experience and Economic Learning,” Antitrust Magazine, 2014