Shannyn Henke is a partner in Goodwin’s Technology and Life Sciences group and a member of the firm’s Strategic Technology Transactions and Licensing practice. Shannyn represents technology, pharmaceutical, medical device, and other life science companies in connection with their commercial, M&A and intellectual property transactions, including pre-clinical, clinical and commercial contracts, and complex strategic collaboration, co-development, licensing, and partnering transactions. Shannyn also has a strong pro bono practice, providing ongoing representation to a non-profit board of directors and securing a residential placement for a special education student. She joined Goodwin in 2015.
Shannyn's representative matters include:
- Licensing of intellectual property assets from research institutions
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals in its license and collaboration agreement with PeptiDream to discover and develop peptide-siRNA conjugates for targeted delivery of RNAi therapeutics, with a potential deal value of $2.2 billion in milestones
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals in its collaboration with Regeneron Pharmaceuticals for new RNA interference (RNAi) therapeutics focused on ocular and central nervous system (CNS) diseases with deal value up to $1 billion
- Moderna in its supply agreements for Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine with governments around the world
- Cerevance in its research collaboration with Takeda to identify novel target proteins for certain GI disorders, for a deal value of over $170 million on a per target basis
- Century Therapeutics in its launch by Versant Ventures, Bayer and Fujifilm Cellular Dynamics Inc. (FCDI), which included a strategic partnership with FCDI
- Wave Life Sciences, in its global strategic collaboration with Takeda for nucleic acid therapies for CNS disorders, with potential deal value of over $2 billion
- Scholar Rock, in its strategic collaboration with Gilead Sciences, with potential deal value of over $1.5 billion
- JMI Equity and its affiliated investment funds with respect to intellectual property issues in connection with a majority investment in Jvion, Inc., a healthcare AI company
- KIND Snacks, in its strategic partnership with Mars Incorporated
- Magenta Therapeutics, in various commercial and licensing transactions
- Nimbus Therapeutics, in its strategic alliance with Celgene Corporation in immunology
- Teva Pharmaceuticals, in its disposition of certain assets
- Vericel Corporation, in ongoing SEC compliance and corporate governance matters
- Imprivata in its $544 million sale to Thoma Bravo in a "going private" transaction
- PAREXEL in its $5 billion sale to Pamplona Capital Management in a "going private" transaction
- Citrix Systems, Inc., in its $1.8 billion spin-out of its GoTo family of products
Shannyn is an active participant in the firm’s recruiting, training and mentoring efforts. She is a member of the Boston Bar Association.
Boston College Law School
Recognition & Awards
While attending law school, Shannyn served as a Managing Editor of the Boston College Law School Journal of Law and Social Justice.
Author, “Is It Automatic?: The Mens Rea Presumption and the Machine Gun Provision of 18 USC §924 (c),” Boston College Law School Journal of Law and Social Justice, 2014