Dr. Kaneko is an associate in the firm’s Business Law department and a member of its Intellectual Property practice. Dr. Kaneko has a PhD in synthetic organic chemistry and specializes in patent prosecution, patent counseling, portfolio management, and IP due diligence for life sciences companies and institutions. She joined Goodwin in 2015.
Dr. Kaneko has extensive experience in the fields of small molecule therapeutics, drug formulations, drug delivery, polymer and material sciences, biologics, and climate technology.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Dr. Kaneko conducted doctoral research focused on the total synthesis of diazofluorene antitumor antibiotics and development of novel glycosylation methodology. Dr. Kaneko has presented her work at international conferences and authored scientific articles in peer-reviewed journals including Journal of American Chemical Society, Organic Letters, and Tetrahedron Letters. Dr. Kaneko also served as a technology commercialization intern at the Office of Cooperative Research at Yale University.
Suffolk University Law School
North Dakota State University
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- Speaker, “Patent Strategy,” Startup City Acceleration Program with Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) and Cambridge Innovation Center, January 2022
- Author, “A Joint Research Pitfall – Soon to be Resolved?,” Life Science Perspectives Blog, March 2021
- Author, “Orange Book Listable?,” Life Science Perspectives Blog, October 2020
- Author, “The Purple Book and the Orange Book – When Do Patents Expire and Regulatory Exclusives End for FDA Approved Products?,” Life Science Perspectives Blog, September 2020