Mr. Klatzkin specializes in representing private equity sponsors and private companies in leveraged buyouts, growth equity investments, mergers and acquisitions, leveraged recapitalizations and other strategic transactions. His experience ranges from the representation of early stage growth companies and financings and small cap buyouts through late stage growth equity investments and LBOs. He has extensive experience with cross-border transactions representing senior executives in strategic transactions, and frequently serves as outside general counsel to early-, growth- and late-stage private companies. His industry expertise includes software and software-enabled services, industrial services, energy technology, healthcare, consumer products, transportation and logistics and financial services.
Mr. Klatzkin’s representative work includes advising:
- JMI Equity in multiple transactions including its investments in AlertMedia, automotiveMastermind, Bloomerang, Canto, CipherHealth, Clio, Cosential, CoreHR, Employee Navigator, Higher Logic, Huntress, Incident IQ, Jvion, Level Access, Onboard, RSAM, Schoology, Unanet, Vena, and WorkFront (f/k/a AtTask).
- Arlington Capital Partners in its investments in Riverpoint Medical and Intellectual Technology Inc.
- MissionDriven Capital Partners in multiple transactions.
- Goldman Sachs Asset Management and affiliated funds in its investment in Phononic.
- Lime Rock New Energy Partners in its investments in SmartWires and QMerit Electric.
- Brighton Park Capital in its investment in Paradox AI.
- Questa Capital in its investment in Medrio.
- Steward Partners Global Advisory, a leading independent financial services firm, its financing led by Cynosure Group.
- Benevity Inc., a Calgrary based charitable donation-management and grant-management platform, in its financing transaction with General Atlantic.
- Qell Acquisition Corp. in its SPAC IPO and subsequent $3.3 billion de-SPAC transition with Lilium.
- WorkFront in its $1.5 billion sale to Adobe (NASDAQ: ADBE).
- Studer Group, Inc. in its $325 million sale to Huron Consulting Inc. (NASDAQ: HURN).
- Unison Software (f/k/a Compusearch), a solutions provider for program office, acquisition, financial assistance, and GovCon contract professionals in the United States in its sale to ABRY Partners and subsequent sale to the Carlyle Group.
- Alert Media in its growth investment from Vista Equity Partners.
- Capsule Technologies S.A.S. in its sale to Qualcomm, Inc. (NASDAQ: QCOM).
- Undertone Networks Inc. in its $180 million sale to Perion Network Ltd. (NASDAQ: PERI).
- automotiveMastermind in its $430 million+ sale to IHS Markit Ltd. (NYSE: INFO).
- Surgical Management Associates Group in its sale to Varsity HealthCare Partners.
- Agility Fuel Systems in its merger with Hexagon Composites’ (OSLO: HEX) Automotive Products Division.
- Watkins & Sheppard Trucking Company in its sale to Schneider Transportation.
- Infraestructural Institucional S. de R.L. de C.V., a leading Mexican infrastructure investment fund, in the sale of its general partner to BlackRock, Inc. (NYSE: BLK).
- The principals of Evercore Mexico Capital Partners, a middle market growth equity fund, in the spinout of EMCP from Evercore, Inc. (NYSE: EVR) and formation of a new fund manager, Glisco Partners.
- An undisclosed Latin American buyout fund in a GP-led recapitalization transaction.
- Unanet in its acquisitions of Cosential, Inc. and Clearview Software.
- HigherLogic, in its acquisitions of Socious, Kavi, Real Magnet, Customer Imperative, Informz and Vanilla Forum.
- OnBoard in its acquisition of eScribe.
- UpWind Solutions Incin its sale to Vestas Wind Systems (Copenhagen: VWS).
- Forever Oceans Corporation, a Bessemer and Future Fund portfolio company in financing matters.
- Benevity Inc., a JMI portfolio company, including in its financing with General Atlantic and its acquisition of Versaic.
University of Virginia School of Law
Franklin & Marshall College
- New York
- District of Columbia
Recognition & Awards
Mr. Klatzkin has been selected for inclusion in The Legal 500 U.S. 2022. He has been consistently selected for inclusion in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business. The M&A Advisor named Mr. Klatzkin a winner of 2014 “40 Under 40” Recognition Awards. The annual awards recognize emerging leaders in the M&A, financing and turnaround industry.