Barzin Pakandam is an associate in Goodwin’s Business Law Department and a member of the Technology and Life Sciences group. Mr. Pakandam is also a member of the firm’s Cannabis practice, where he assists cannabis companies with a range of business-related activities, including equity financings, M&A activity and regulatory compliance.
Mr. Pakandam’s representation of companies spans the entire corporate life-cycle, including pre-incorporation planning, general corporate representation and counseling, venture capital financings, mergers and acquisitions, public offerings, corporate governance and public company representation.
- Xapo Limited, in connection with its asset sale to Coinbase
- Kixeye Inc., in connection with its sale to Stillfront Group AB
- Representation of Sunderstorm Inc., a manufacturer of cannabis infused gummies, in its Series A financing and general corporate related matters
- Representation of dutchie, Inc., an online cannabis delivery portal, in its Series A financing and general corporate related matters
- Representation of one of the largest dispensary chains in California in its Series A financing and general corporate related matters
- Provide regulatory counsel to a private entity that manufacturers synthetic cannabinoids using yeast
- Represent several venture capital firms in numerous cannabis related investments across all segments, including cultivation, retail sales, manufacturing and delivery
- The underwriters in a follow-on offering of KushCo Holdings, Inc.
Mr. Pakandam is a member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association and the Iranian American Bar Association.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Pakandam served as founder and editor-in-chief of The Editor’s Corner, a small business that provided editing services to authors preparing works for publication.
He has also completed judicial externships for the Honorable R. Gary Klausner, United States District Court for the Central District of California, and for the Chief Judge of the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
University of Southern California, Gould School of Law
London School of Economics and Political Science
Leipzig University, Germany
BAGlobal & International Studies2004
University of California, Santa Barbara