With the breakneck pace of technology disrupting industries around the world, our London-based team of 160+ lawyers is embracing change to help clients make a lasting and meaningful impact. As part of what is widely recognised as one of the fastest growing international firms in London, our lawyers are deeply experienced in the life sciences, technology, real estate and private equity sectors and are supported by significant on-the-ground capabilities in debt financing, intellectual property, data, privacy and cybersecurity, regulatory, restructuring, tax and litigation and dispute resolution.
Since opening our first European office in London in 2008, we have grown into an international powerhouse that works seamlessly across geographies. We think like investors to develop innovative deal structures and draw upon our vast jurisdictional knowledge of the European legal landscape and local networks to help you thrive in an increasingly competitive market. Our value is in the connectivity across our industry sectors to advise clients across the full company and investment lifecycle. Our recent rankings and recognition also prove the unique expertise we bring to clients:
- Recognised by Chambers UK 2022 as a leading law firm for Investment Funds: Real Estate, Investment Funds: Private Equity, Private Equity: Venture Capital Investment, Private Equity: Buyouts: Mid-Market, Real Estate: Mainly Mid-Market, Hotels & Leisure, Life Sciences: Transactional and Intellectual Property.
- Recognised by Legal 500 UK 2022 as a leading firm for Real Estate Funds, Private Funds, Commercial Property: Hotels and Leisure, Commercial Property: Investment, Property Finance, Corporate Tax, Private Equity: Transactions — High-Value Deals (£250m+), Private Equity: Transactions – Mid-Market Deals (Up to £250m), M&A: Lower Mid-Market Deals, £50m-£500m, Venture Capital, Acquisition Finance, Corporate Restructuring & Insolvency, Life Sciences and Healthcare, intellectual property and Biotechnology.
- Recognised by IJInvestor as Best Legal Adviser for Fundraising Advisory in 2020
- Recognised by the 2019 SuperReturn Awards as Legal Advisor of the Year for Fund Structuring
- Recognised by Legal 500 UK as Investment Fund Formation and Management Firm of the Year for 2020
- Recognised by the The British Legal Awards as 2020 Life Sciences Team of the Year
Our real estate lawyers provide a genuinely integrated offering from structuring real estate funds, products and vehicles, to the acquisition, financing, development, restructuring and disposal of real estate assets through direct and indirect investments, as well as complex international hospitality and leisure transactions.
Our private equity lawyers counsel on all areas of private equity and mergers and acquisitions, with a special emphasis on middle market private equity and growth investments, alongside our renowned private funds team, which provides counsel at every stage of the fund lifecycle.
Our technology and life sciences lawyers help high growth businesses, public companies, investors and investment banks capitalise on opportunities and minimise risks in rapidly evolving markets. We offer clients industry-leading technology, life sciences and healthcare practices recognized for serving clients along the corporate life cycle globally.
A Note About Coronavirus: To ensure the safety of all our colleagues, clients and visitors in Goodwin offices around the globe, the firm has adopted a visitor policy, which can be found here.
Click on image to read the full poster.