The world of finance is rapidly evolving.
Financial products are becoming more complex, and the pressure to increase profitability and streamline processes are driving the need for new technologies. Our market-leading, cross-disciplinary, global fintech attorneys have extensive experience working with established financial institutions, strategic investors, and cutting edge technology companies through all stages of growth.
We are uniquely positioned to provide you with full service counsel, bringing together specialists from our venture capital, technology companies, banking and financial services, securities litigation and white collar defense, private investment funds, intellectual property, tax, and labor and employment practices to provide counsel on strategic transactions, regulatory compliance and litigation matters.
Our versatile team collaborates with clients and with each other to deliver exceptional service and specialized experience for Fintech innovators.
Legal 500Tier 2 Firm for Fintech (2019)
LendItOne of 6 Finalist Firms for the LendIt Fintech Industry Awards “Top Law Firm” (2019)
- Crypto and virtual currency focused funds
- Blockchain technology platforms
- Digital ledgers
- Token developers
- Marketplace lending
- Peer-to-peer lending
- Alternative underwriting platforms
- Blockchain lending technology
- Investment management tech
- Broker tech
- Online exchanges
- Mobile wallets
- Alternative payments
- Money transmitters
- Privacy & cybersecurity
- Machine learning/artificial intelligence
- Smart contracts
- Digital insurance
- Data analytics and software for re-insurers
- Alternative insurance offerings
We’re helping to shape the world of law, serving both innovators and investors at the intersection of financial services and technology.
Our work for fintech clients includes:
- Advice on compliance with FinCEN, SEC, DOJ, FINRA, CFIUS, FCPA, money-transmitter, broker-dealer, money-service-business, and other state and federal regulations
- Transactions including venture capital, private equity and other financings, consortium investments, and M&A
- Fund formation and other private investment fund advisory
- Joint ventures, strategic alliances, outsourcing
- Response to state and federal government investigations and enforcement actions
- Banking and bank regulatory
- Securities class action litigation
- Intellectual property, patent strategy and prosecution, and licensing
- General corporate advice related to labor and employment, tax, privacy and cybersecurity, and global trade