Mr. Bazian’s representative matters include representing major stakeholders in the following matters:
- Proteus Digital Health, representing the developer of digital medicine technologies as debtor-in-possession in its Chapter 11 case, resulting in a successful sale and unanimous, unopposed confirmation of a Chapter 11 plan providing meaningful recoveries to general unsecured creditors.
- Gibson Brands, representing the iconic guitar manufacturer as debtor-in-possession in its successful restructuring of approximately $500 million of funded debt obligations through a Chapter 11 plan.
- Aegerion Pharmaceuticals, representing the parent company and substantial creditor of a rare drug biopharmaceutical company in connection with the Chapter 11 restructuring of over $400 million of liabilities.
- Sears Holdings Corporation, representing various vendors and landlords.
- Toys R Us, representing various vendors and landlords.
- The Rockport Company, representing the stalking horse successful purchaser of substantially all of the assets of The Rockport Company under Section 363 of the Bankruptcy Code.
- East Orange General Hospital, representing the not-for-profit hospital as debtor-in-possession in its Chapter 11 case, resulting in its successful sale and the confirmation of a Chapter 11 plan.*
- Official Committees of Unsecured Creditors in numerous Chapter 11 cases, including those of Noranda Aluminum, Gander Mountain, CST Industries, Unilife Corporation, Aquion Energy, Golden County Foods and Ultimate Nutrition.*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Bazian was an associate in Lowenstein Sandler’s New York office. Previously, he served as a law clerk to the Honorable Robert E. Grossman of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of New York. During law school, he served as a legal intern for the Bankruptcy Counsel of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, and for the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority.