Mr. Bhaiji’s experience includes:
- Advising Clarion Gramercy (formerly Gramercy Europe) on the formation of Gramercy Property Europe I SCA SICAV-RAIF, the fourth fund in its series of pan-European logistics real estate funds
- Advising a private equity real estate fund manager on the formation of its third closed-ended fund with commitments of £300 million from a global pool of investors and targeting value-add real estate investments in the UK.*
- Advising a private equity real estate fund manager on the formation of its second closed-ended fund with commitments of £75 million and targeting investments in UK regional retail centers, including advising on the formation of a co-invest vehicle in respect of the fund’s first investment.*
- Advising an institutional multi-fund manager in respect of its various investments, on behalf of its managed accounts, into various real estate funds (including some open-ended funds).*
- Advising a large multi-asset manager on its joint venture with a global real estate investment company to invest in PRS assets in Ireland.*
- Advising an institutional multi-fund manager on its participation in a consortium of investors to acquire and develop a UK retail center.*
- Advising a real estate investment and advisory group on the formation of a platform to invest in pan-European real estate, including the formation of a joint venture between two middle eastern investors to be managed by the manager.*
Real Estate M&A
- Advised the owners of Clarion Gramercy Limited (then Gramercy Europe (Jersey) Limited), a pan-European logistics real estate investment management business (“CGL”) on the sale of a majority stake in CGL to Clarion Partners LLC.
- Advised the European management team of Gramercy Europe, on the management buyout and spinout of the Gramercy Europe real estate investment management business from Gramercy Property Trust.
- Advised an international investor on the corporate-wrapped acquisition of a Birmingham shopping center for £185 million.*
- Advised a real estate investment and advisory group on the corporate-wrapped acquisition of a London midtown property for an enterprise value of £160 million.*
- Advised a multi-fund manager on the corporate-wrapped sale of a London office property for £50 million.*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Bhaiji was an associate in Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP's Investment Management team. He has also spent six months on secondment at PGIM Real Estate, a multi-platform real estate fund manager.