Mr. Bhaiji’s recent experience includes:
- Advising BentallGreenOak on its appointment as manager of the c.£1 billion West End of London Property Unit Trust (“WELPUT”) and the subsequent conversion of WELPUT from an open-ended fund to a closed-ended fund.
- Advising Clarion Partners Europe (formerly Gramercy Europe) on the formation of Gramercy Property Europe I SCA SICAV-RAIF, the fourth fund in its series of pan-European logistics real estate funds.
- Advising a private equity real estate fund manager on the formation of its second closed-ended fund with commitments of £75 million and targeting investments in UK regional retail centres, including advising on the formation of a co-invest vehicle in respect of the fund’s first investment.*
- Advising a private equity real estate fund manager on the formation of its third closed-ended fund with commitments of £300 million from a global pool of investors and targeting value-add real estate investments in the UK.*
- Advising Kennedy Wilson on its $1 billion programmatic joint venture with GIC targeting the acquisition of logistics real estate in the UK, Ireland and Spain.
- Advising a US hedge fund on the formation of a joint venture for the acquisition and phased mixed-use development of a site in Central London.
- Advising Partners Group on its joint venture with REINO Partners for the acquisition and management of a €200 million portfolio of 11 class-A office properties in Poland.
- Advising BentallGreenOak on its joint venture with an international investor for the acquisition and management of a portfolio of three logistics centres in Germany.
Real Estate M&A
- Advising Medical Properties Trust Inc. on its acquisition of a £800 million portfolio of select behavioural health facilities, and their concurrent leaseback, from the leading UK behavioural health provider, The Priory Group.
- Advising Frogmore’s FREP IV fund on its acquisition of a 18.7% stake in UK residential real estate developer, Galliard Group together with indirect interests in three Galliard Group development projects.
- Advising the owners of Clarion Gramercy Limited (then Gramercy Europe (Jersey) Limited), a pan-European logistics real estate investment management business (“CGL”) on the sale of a majority stake in CGL to Clarion Partners LLC.
- Advising the European management team of Gramercy Europe, on the management buyout and spinout of the Gramercy Europe real estate investment management business from Gramercy Property Trust.
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Bhaiji was an associate in Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP's Investment Management team. He has also spent six months on secondment at PGIM Real Estate, a multi-platform real estate fund manager.