Mr. Bulut’s client work has included:
- Defending, through trial, a Fortune 50 client in a closely watched pregnancy and discrimination and retaliation action brought by a member of the client’s executive team claiming over $40 million in damages.*
- Winning summary judgment in a disability and age discrimination case on behalf of a large semiconductor client.*
- Achieving a complete defense verdict in a breach of contract and fraud case brought by a founder and former chief executive against several venture capital firms and board members.*
- Representing a large pharmaceutical company in its prosecution of misappropriation of trade secrets, unfair competition and breach of non-compete claims brought against a departing executive who formed a competitive joint venture.*
- Obtaining an injunction for a start-up company preventing a founder and chief technology officer from working for a large public competitor or using the client’s trade secret information.*
- Winning a motion to dismiss claims alleging theft of non-trade secret information, resulting in a strongly worded, and often-cited, federal opinion that the California Uniform Trade Secrets Act comprehensively preempts tort claims arising from theft of confidential information.*
- Advising client through large-scale employee misclassification audit conducted by state and federal agencies.*
- On behalf of a large Bay Area technology company, obtaining dismissals with prejudice of suits brought by both the alleged harasser and the alleged harassment victim for wrongful termination.*
- Authoring California Supreme Court petition for review and appellate briefs in Reid v. Google Inc. relating to summary adjudication of age and disability discrimination claims. 50 Cal. 4th 512 (2010).*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Bulut was a shareholder at Greenberg Traurig. Previously, he practiced at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati for nearly a decade.
Mr. Bulut served as a judicial law clerk to the Hon. Mary E. Hannon of Minnesota District Court.
Mr. Bulut is a member of the Bar Association of San Francisco and the California Bar Association.