Mr. Hurley has extensive experience on transactions involving multi-family properties, assisted living facilities, shopping centers, hotels and office buildings. He has represented clients with multi-state acquisition, financing and disposition programs, and has experience in structuring subscription-secured credit facilities on behalf of institutional investment funds. Mr. Hurley’s transactional experience includes representing:
- A real estate investment fund in the acquisition of a 52-property office portfolio with a valuation of $410 million, including obtaining $357 million of mortgage and mezzanine financing.
- American Realty Capital Hospitality Trust in connection with the $1.8 billion acquisition of the 116 Equity Inns hotel portfolio, which includes rooms across 31 states and establishes the company as one of the largest self-service hotel REITs in North America.
- A real estate investment company and REIT sponsor focused on office properties with the acquisition of its first eight assets with a total valuation of over $300 million and obtaining mortgage and mezzanine financing in the aggregate amount of $230 million.
- A non-exchange traded REIT in the real estate and property financing aspects of its multi-billion dollar merger with a listed REIT to create the second largest publicly traded triple-net-lease REIT in the United States.
- A listed REIT in the acquisition of and assumption of existing mortgage financing on a portfolio of 60 multifamily assets containing in excess of 22,000 units.
- A nationally recognized real estate investment manager in connection with the acquisition (directly and through joint ventures with operating partners) and financing of 13 assisted living facilities with a total acquisition value of $330 million.
- A non-exchange traded REIT in the acquisition of an under-construction 240-room boutique hotel in Manhattan for a purchase price of $148 million.
- A nationally recognized real estate investment manager in connection with the acquisition of a $1 billion subscription-secured credit facility for its real estate investment fund.
Mr. Hurley is a member of the Massachusetts and Boston Bar Associations. He also serves on the committee for the Neighborhood Business Initiative, a Goodwin project providing pro bono legal services to low-income businesses and entrepreneurs.