Ms. Hyde has represented a variety of clients in complex civil litigation matters involving business torts, unfair competition, and contract and regulatory matters.
Recently, Ms. Hyde was on the firm’s team representing Otto Trucking LLC in Waymo LLC v. Uber Technologies, Inc., a trade secrets misappropriation case involving the technology behind self-driving cars. The Court granted summary judgment in Otto Trucking’s favor, finding that Otto Trucking had no liability for any misappropriation of trade secrets.
Ms. Hyde’s recent experience also includes:
- Defense of financial analyst facing criminal and civil securities fraud charges
- Representing a financial analysis company and its CEO in a trade secret misappropriation case
- A client in an amicus brief filed before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals involving constitutional questions of federalism and due process
- A dispute concerning breach of contract, copyright infringement, and business torts for a software security company
- Appeal involving defense of a mortgage company in a California state court dispute involving breach of contract and tort claims wherein the Court of Appeals overturned plaintiff’s multi-million dollar punitive damages award and remanded for a new trial on the sole issue of breach of contract.
Ms. Hyde is a member of the Bar Association of San Francisco and the San Francisco chapter of the Association of Business Trial Lawyers Leadership Development Committee.