Mr. Menna has assisted clients in structuring and executing some of the highest profile and largest public real estate transactions in recent years, including M&A transactions and equity and debt offerings.
Most recently, he has represented:
- The Independent Directors of Two Harbors Investment Corp in connection with a process to become self-managed following the non-renewal and termination of its third-party external management agreement
- RPT Realty in connection with its newly formed, partially seeded programmatic joint venture with GIC Private Limited, Singapore's sovereign wealth fund
- Lincoln Property Company in connection with its strategic multifamily partnership with Cadillac Fairview, an affiliate of Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan
- Tier REIT, Inc. in connection with its merger with Cousins Properties
- Brookfield Property Partners in connection with its $15.3 billion restructuring of General Growth Properties
- LaSalle Hotel Properties in its $5.2 billion acquisition by Pebblebrook Hotel Trust
- Monogram Residential Trust in connection with its structured $3 billion privatization transaction with Greystar and a consortium of foreign investors
- Underwriting syndicate in Invitation Homes’ $1.8 billion IPO, the largest U.S. IPO since October 2015 and the second largest REIT IPO ever
- MAA (Mid-America Apartment Communities, Inc.) in its $3.9 billion acquisition of Post Properties Inc., and, separately, in its$8.6 billion acquisition of Colonial Properties Trust, Inc.
- Paramount Group Inc. in connection with its $2.6 billion IPO, the largest IPO in the REIT industry ever
- Essex Property Trust in its $15.4 billion merger with BRE Properties, creating the third-largest multifamily REIT in the country
- CreXus Investment Corp in its $1 billion acquisition by Annaly Capital Management, Inc.
- Cole Credit Property Trust II in its $7.1 billion acquisition by Spirit Realty Capital, Inc.
- AvalonBay Communities, Inc. in its $16 billion acquisition (in joint venture with Equity Residential) of Archstone Enterprise LP
Mr. Menna is a Board Associate member of NAREIT, a member of the Real Estate Roundtable, and an Advisory Board member of the REIT Center at the NYU Schack Institute of Real Estate, a forum which was established in 1998 for the study and analysis of publicly traded REITs and REOCs. Mr. Menna is also a member of the REIT International Appeals Board (IAB).
Mr. Menna served for many years as an adjunct professor and lecturer in law at Columbia University, where he taught a structured workshop on real estate M&A and restructurings. He has also written and lectured extensively on topics involving real estate securities and mergers and acquisitions, as well as on tax law issues facing the real estate capital markets.