- M7 Real Estate on a series of pan-European portfolio financings aggregating in excess of €1 billion.
- an asset manager (acting on behalf of German open ended and spezial funds) on financing the £600 million acquisition of the corporate group owning and managing a portfolio of eight high end student accommodation assets across the UK.
- a US based real estate private equity fund on multiple high-value acquisition and development financings of commercial and residential property across London.
- a US debt fund on the financing and subsequent distressed disposal of commercial and residential assets across London.
- an asset manager (acting on behalf of German open ended and spezial funds) on refinancing commercial assets valued in excess of £240,000,000 at the International Quarter London in the heart of the Stratford regeneration project.
- London Square Developments on financing the £200 million GDV Star & Garter flagship development in Richmond.
Toby Young is an associate in Goodwin’s Real Estate Industry group and a member of the firm’s Real Estate Finance practice.
Mr. Young advises UK and overseas sponsors, private equity firms, asset managers and financial institutions and other debt/equity providers on all aspects of real estate finance. He has substantial experience acting for real estate sponsors on borrower mandates and as lender counsel for the deployment of real estate focused debt funds.
Mr. Young joined Goodwin in 2013. Prior to joining he trained at Berwin Leighton Paisner LLP. Previously, Mr. Young worked as a paralegal at Barclays Wealth and Travelex.
The College of Law, London Moorgate
BPP Law School
University of Bristol, Bristol, UK