Edward Holzwanger is a partner in Goodwin’s Employment and Complex Litigation & Dispute Resolution (CL&DR) practices based in Washington, D.C. He concentrates on labor and employment counseling, particularly in the context of corporate transactions.
Mr. Holzwanger has a comprehensive labor and employment advice and counseling practice, covering federal and state laws relating to hiring, discipline and separation, wage and hour, worker classification, leave entitlements, equal employment opportunity, restrictive covenants, and reductions in force. His counseling practice also includes negotiation of employment agreements and related documentation, human resources policy development and implementation, and traditional labor advice involving union representation, collective bargaining, and implementation of operational changes for unionized businesses.
Mr. Holzwanger also regularly provides employment counseling in connection with corporate transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, spin-offs, financing efforts, and restructuring. In this capacity, Ed manages labor and employment due diligence, negotiates purchase agreements, transition services agreements, employee matters agreements, and other ancillary deal documents, and develops and implements workforce transition and integration plans.
- Advised Axium Infrastructure, a North American infrastructure private equity fund, on its acquisition of equity interests in a portfolio of wind projects, which represents 1,063 MW of gross capacity, from BlackRock Renewable Power*
- Represented CatchMark Timber Trust, Inc. in its acquisition by PotlatchDeltic Corporation, combining to have a total enterprise value of more than $5 billion*
- Counseled Lovell Minnick Partners on its investment in SRS Acquiom*
- Advised Industrial Growth Partners on its sale of IOTA Engineering*
- Represented Abry Partners on its strategic investment in ADURO*
- Advised Venado in its $765 million acquisition of Eagle Ford Shale’s assets of Cabot Oil & Gas*
- Represented Oaktree Capital Management in WHP Global’s Acquisition of Anne Klein*
- Counseled Olympus Partners on its sale of The Waddington Group to Jarden Corp. for $1.35 billion*
- Advised Sun Products on its acquisition by Henkel for $3.6 billion*
- Counseled affiliates of Blackstone and Arclight in their acquisition of four power plants for approximately $2.7 billion*
*Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin
Prior to joining Goodwin, Mr. Holzwanger was a partner at King & Spalding and at Kirkland & Ellis. Before entering private practice, he was senior counsel at the NLRB.
University of Alabama
Bachelor of Arts1998
- District of Columbia