Chambers Europe has recognized fourteen Goodwin lawyers and seven practice areas for excellence in its recently released 2020 rankings. The firm added three lawyers and two practice areas to its rankings this year, as Goodwin received recognition in Banking & Finance, Real Estate Investment Funds and Financial Restructuring while building on its strengths in Private Equity, Private Investment Funds, Real Estate and Real Estate Finance. The results demonstrate Goodwin’s significant growth across Europe, with the firm recently adding several key partners and opening two new offices in Luxembourg and Cambridge.
Chambers singled out the following Goodwin practice areas for being leaders in Europe.
- Banking & Finance – “The team offers ‘tailor-made’ advice,” and the "ability to propose solutions to avoid sticking points in negotiations."
- Private Equity – “Impressive private equity team acting on major mid-market and high-end LBOs and investments.”
- Private Equity: Fund Formation – “Advises leading French and international private equity funds as well as acting for the management of target companies with activity in the technology arena.”
- Real Estate-“Very broad-based” and “frequently advises on the structuring and implementation of funds, most notably in the US and the UK, as well as on investments, sales, lease law and asset management.”
- Real Estate: Finance – “Always available and responsive,” advising “both the borrower and lender sides on the re-financings and mezzanine financing of portfolios and single assets.”
- Investment Funds: Private Equity – “A notable team of experts in the private equity funds sphere” who “orchestrate a very efficient process.”
- Investment Funds: Real Estate - “A strong presence in the London real estate funds market with a bench of respected specialists.”
Goodwin partners were also commended as leading lawyers in their field.
- Arnaud David: Private Equity: Fund Formation
- Arnaud Fromion: Banking & Finance
- Céline Domenget Morin: Restructuring / Insolvency
- Christophe Digoy: Private Equity: Mid-Market
- Maxence Bloch: Private Equity: Mid-Market
- Thomas Maitrejean: Private Equity: Mid-Market
- Marc Bohne: Real Estate
- Peter Junghänel: Real Estate
- Stephan Kock: Banking & Finance / Real Estate: Finance