Five Goodwin lawyers have been recognized in Boston Magazine’s Top Lawyers 2021. This inaugural list spotlights the best lawyers in the region across a variety of practice areas and specialties.
The selected Goodwin lawyers are:
- Roberto M. Braceras is the former head of the Litigation Department in Goodwin’s Boston office and a partner in the firm’s Complex Litigation & Dispute Resolution group. He has successfully represented Fortune 50 corporations, top financial firms, leading universities and individuals in a wide variety of government investigations and civil litigation involving securities fraud, health care fraud, the False Claims Act (FCA), insider trading, environmental crimes, export violations and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA).
- Brett Jackson is an associate in the firm’s Business Law Department and a member of its Technology group. He represents startup and later-stage public and private companies in the software, technology and life sciences industries throughout their life cycle, with a particular focus on mergers, acquisitions, financings, secondary transactions, royalty transactions and other strategic transactions.
- Joseph P. Rockers is co-chair of Goodwin’s Financial Services Litigation & Investigations practice and a member of the firm’s Complex Business Litigation & Dispute Resolution and Risk Management & Insurance groups. He focuses his practice on representing major insurance carriers and private entities, including financial services, private equity, and venture capital firms, in complex business disputes, and other commercial matters for private entities.
- Rachel Faye Smith is a partner in the firm’s ERISA & Executive Compensation practice. She has represented both public and private companies, venture capital and private equity firms, limited liability companies and partnerships, and nonprofit, government, and religious organizations in the areas of employee benefits and executive compensation.
- David Zimmer is a partner in the firm’s Litigation Department, and a member of its Appellate and Supreme Court Litigation practice. He focuses on U.S. Supreme Court and appellate matters and complex commercial litigation, and has extensive litigation experience on matters involving intellectual property, administrative law, immigration law and consumer financial services.
The lawyers on this year’s list were nominated by their peers and those nominees were reviewed by an advisory board of lawyers. You can read more about the honorees here.