Chambers Europe has recognized a record 18 Goodwin lawyers and 9 practice areas for excellence in its recently released 2022 rankings. Based on interviews with lawyers and clients, the Chambers Europe rankings look at a broad range of qualities, including legal ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial awareness, diligence, and commitment to the client, to provide an independent assessment of counsel throughout the region.
This year, Chambers Europe praised Goodwin for its “great knowledge of the market,” ability to be “creative in negotiations,” and “strong cross-border offering owing to its international network of offices.” These results further reinforce Goodwin’s dramatic growth across Europe, as well as the firm’s unparalleled ability to advise both innovators and investors around the world.
The following Goodwin practice areas were highly ranked by Chambers Europe 2022.
- Banking & Finance – “Excellent with a great knowledge of the market. They really know what they are doing and are supported by good people at all levels."
- Private Equity –“The team features a strong cross-border offering owing to its international network of offices. It frequently acts on French-US mandates.
- Private Equity: Fund Formation – “Advises leading French and international private equity funds as well as acting for the management of target companies with activity in the technology arena.”
- Private Equity: Venture Capital - “Impressive private equity team acting on major mid-market and high-end LBOs and venture capital investments.”
- Tax – “Skilled in the tax-structuring aspects of corporate and private equity transactions,” and “very knowledgeable as far as legal issues are concerned."
- Real Estate – “Very accessible during the crunch time of a transaction,” Goodwin “is best known for its real estate funds work and frequently advises on the structuring and implementation of funds.”
- Real Estate: Finance – “The firm has a strong footprint in financing, advising both the borrower and lender sides on re-financings and the mezzanine financing of portfolios and single assets, as well as in regard to the financing of construction projects and green financings.”
- Investment Funds: Private Equity – “A notable team of experts in the private equity funds sphere,” they are “very commercial in their approach and creative in negotiations.”
- Investment Funds: Real Estate – “A strong presence in the London real estate funds market with a bench of respected specialists and an ever-increasing workload of European formation matters.”
Goodwin partners were also commended as leading lawyers in their field.
- Maxence Bloch - Private Equity: Mid-Market
- Arnaud David - Private Equity: Fund Formation
- Christophe Digoy - Private Equity: Mid-Market
- Arnaud Fromion - Banking & Finance
- Frédéric Guilloux - Banking & Finance
- Thomas Maitrejean - Private Equity: Mid-Market
- Céline Domenget Morin - Restructuring / Insolvency
- Anne-Charlotte Rivière – Private Equity: Venture Capital
- Marc Bohne - Real Estate
- Peter Junghänel - Real Estate
- Stephan Kock - Banking & Finance / Real Estate: Finance
- Oded Schein - Tax
- Samantha Lake Coghlan - Investment Funds: Real Estate
- Justin Cornelius - Investment Funds: Real Estate
- David Evans - Investment Funds: Real Estate
- Michael Halford - Investment Funds: Private Equity
- Ed Hall - Investment Funds: Private Equity
To see Goodwin’s full Chambers Europe 2022 results, click here.