Work for clients:
- aTyr Pharma, Inc. in its $75 million initial public offering, $35 million at-the-market offering and $45.8 million PIPE transaction
- Fate Therapeutics, Inc. in its $40 million initial public offering, $30 million follow-on public offering, $8 million private placement with Juno Therapeutics and PIPE transactions totaling $67 million
- Imperva in its $90 million initial public offering
- Limelight Networks, Inc. in a $60 million follow-on secondary offering
- Various underwriters in connection with a $43 million follow-on offering for Regulus Therapeutics
- Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in its $42 million initial public offering and $31.5 million PIPE transaction
- A biopharmaceutical company in its $9 million follow-on public offering
- A nanotechnology holding company in its $8 million registered direct offering
Mergers and acquisitions
- Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries, Ltd. in its $3.2 billion acquisition of Auspex Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- ECG Management Consultants, Inc. in its recapitalization by Gryphon Investors
- Spotlite, Inc. in its sale to Rally Health
- Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in its $10.4 billion sale to Amgen
- Courier Corporation in its acquisition of FastPencil, Inc.
- Location Labs in its sale to AVG Technologies
- InsightsOne Systems, Inc. in its sale to Apigee Corporation
- A startup company in a “spin-in” transaction with a publicly traded technology company
- Companies in acquihire transactions with Facebook, Google, Yahoo!, and Ebay
- Whiskey Media in its sale transactions with CBS Interactive and BermanBraun
- NeuroFocus, Inc. in its sale to Nielsen Holdings, N.V.
- Various acquisitions as in-house counsel for CNET Networks, Inc.*
- Greycroft Partners in various growth-equity investments, including Yeahka, a Chinese mobile payment service provider, Performance Horizon Group Limited, a UK SaaS marketing platform, and Axios Media, a media company
- Thomvest Ventures in various investments, including in Apsalar, Avalanche Technology, Netbase and Tactus Technology
- Margeta in its Series D preferred stock financing
- IVP in its investment in Woven
- Ayla Networks in its Series C and Series D preferred stock financing
- WePay in its $40 million Series D preferred stock financing
- ThredUp, Inc. in its $81 million Series E preferred stock financing
- RocketLawyer in its preferred stock financings
- Industry Ventures in its investment in TheRealReal
- aTyr Pharma, Inc. in its $76 million Series E preferred stock financing
- Royalty Pharma in its purchases of royalties in various transactions totaling over $2 billion
- TA Associates in its investment in Millennium Laboratories, Inc.
- LLM Capital Partners in its investment in Hybrid Design Associates, LLC
- Pipeline Angels in over 20 portfolio company investments
- Various blockchain technology clients in traditional and digital securities offerings
* Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Ms. Chang is a member of the American Bar Association, San Francisco Bar Association and the State Bar of California.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Ms. Chang was a senior counsel at CBS Interactive Inc. (formerly CNET Networks, Inc.), where she advised and supported the company’s Games, Music & Lifestyle and TV Entertainment divisions in their business-related matters as well as the company in its acquisitions, securities-related and other corporate matters. She previously practiced as an associate in the corporate department of the San Francisco office of Latham & Watkins LLP.