Work for clients:
- aTyr Pharma, Inc. in its $75 million initial public offering, $35 million and $10 million at-the-market offerings, $5 million registered direct offering and $45.8 million PIPE transaction
- Fate Therapeutics, Inc. in its $40 million initial public offering, $30 million follow-on public offering, $8 million private placement with Juno Therapeutics and PIPE transactions totaling $67 million
- Imperva in its $90 million initial public offering
- Limelight Networks, Inc. in a $60 million follow-on secondary offering and $125 million offering of convertible senior notes
- Capstone Turbine Corporation in a $25 million at-the-market offering and $5.1 million registered direct offering
- Various underwriters in connection with a $43 million follow-on offering for Regulus Therapeutics
- Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in its $42 million initial public offering and $31.5 million PIPE transaction
- A biopharmaceutical company in its $9 million follow-on public offering
- A nanotechnology holding company in its $8 million registered direct offering
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Blockfolio, Inc. in its sale to FTX Trading Ltd.
- Xapo in the sale of its institutional bitcoin custody business to Coinbase
- Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries, Ltd. in its $3.2 billion acquisition of Auspex Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- ECG Management Consultants, Inc. in its recapitalization by Gryphon Investors
- Spotlite, Inc. in its sale to Rally Health
- Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in its $10.4 billion sale to Amgen
- Courier Corporation in its acquisition of FastPencil, Inc.
- Location Labs in its sale to AVG Technologies
- InsightsOne Systems, Inc. in its sale to Apigee Corporation
- A startup company in a “spin-in” transaction with a publicly traded technology company
- Companies in acquihire transactions with Facebook, Google, Yahoo!, and Ebay
- Whiskey Media in its sale transactions with CBS Interactive and BermanBraun
- NeuroFocus, Inc. in its sale to Nielsen Holdings, N.V.
- Various acquisitions as in-house counsel for CNET Networks, Inc.*
- Margeta in its Series D, D-1, E and E-1 preferred stock financings
- RPM Ventures in its Series B investment in Figure Technologies
- Greycroft Partners in various growth-equity investments, including Yeahka, a Chinese mobile payment service provider, Performance Horizon Group Limited, a UK SaaS marketing platform, Axios Media, a media company, the RealReal, a luxury resale retailer, SEMrush, an enterprise software provider, Zumper, an apartment rentals marketplace, RoadRunner Recycling, a commercial waste management company and Openpath, a proptech security company
- e.Ventures in various investments, including NomNomNow, Yeahka, Axios Media, theRealReal, SEMRush, Zumper, Roadrunner Recycling and Honeycomb, a provider of developer solutions
- Thomvest Ventures in various investments, including in Apsalar, Avalanche Technology, Netbase and Tactus Technology
- Franklin Templeton in various investments, including in BondLink and Seriforge
- IVP in its investment in Woven
- Ayla Networks in its Series C and Series D preferred stock financing
- WePay in its $40 million Series D preferred stock financing
- ThredUp, Inc. in its $81 million Series E preferred stock financing
- RocketLawyer in its preferred stock financings
- Industry Ventures in its investment in TheRealReal
- aTyr Pharma, Inc. in its $76 million Series E preferred stock financing
- Royalty Pharma in its purchases of royalties in various transactions totaling over $2 billion
- TA Associates in its investment in Millennium Laboratories, Inc.
- LLM Capital Partners in its investment in Hybrid Design Associates, LLC
- Pipeline Angels in over 60 portfolio company investments
- BacklotCars in its Series A and Series B preferred stock financings
- Mighty Networks in its Series A preferred stock financing
- Blockfolio in its Series Seed and Series A preferred stock financings
- BlockGen Corp. in its Series A preferred stock financing
- Plutus Financial (Abra) in its financing with Stellar Development Foundation
- PhunCoin, Inc., a subsidiary of PhunWare (Nasdaq: PHUN), in its digital asset rights offerings under Regulation D and Regulation CF
- Various investment funds and blockchain technology clients in traditional and digital securities offerings
* Denotes experience prior to joining Goodwin.
Ms. Chang is a member of the American Bar Association, San Francisco Bar Association and the State Bar of California.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Ms. Chang was a senior counsel at CBS Interactive Inc. (formerly CNET Networks, Inc.) from 2005-2008, where she advised and supported the company's Games, Music & Lifestyle and TV Entertainment divisions in their business-related matters as well as the company in its acquisitions, securities-related and other corporate matters. From 2002-2005, she was an associate in the corporate department of the San Francisco office of Latham & Watkins LLP.