Klosek’s practice focuses on transactions involving technology and intellectual property. She also provides a diverse body of clients with strategic advice on various issues related to privacy and data security. Her recent experience includes the following:
- Great Hill Partners in its acquisition of a controlling equity stake in Clearwave Parent, Inc. at an enterprise value of $300 million.
- Conducted due diligence, advised clients on strategic privacy issues and negotiated transactional documents in thousands of corporate transactions including M&A, private equity investments, SPACs and similar transactions.
- Counseled clients on compliance with complex privacy and data security requirements including those established by laws such as the CCPA, CalOPPA, CAN-SPAM Act, TCPA, GLB Act, HIPAA and the European GDPR.
- Advised companies and underwriters on numerous IPOs for companies in diverse industries.
- Advised various firms on hundreds of investments into medical practices including practices specializing in fertility treatments, women’s health, gastroenterology, retina health and orthodontic services.
- Advised on privacy issues and draft agreements in connection with various aspects of the response to the COVID-19 pandemic, including workplace reopening plans, vaccine tracking services, educational testing plans and contact tracing applications.
- Advised companies on privacy implications of various workplace wellness programs including those for cancer support and family planning services and negotiated the negotiated agreements related to the same.
- Drafted and assisted with the implementation of privacy policies and privacy compliance plans for companies in a wide range of industries including fintech, edutech, social media, e-commerce offerings, life sciences and others.
Klosek also dedicates a significant amount of time to serving the needs of the pro-bono clients of the firm,
Klosek is a Certified Information Privacy Professional with the International Association of Privacy Professionals. In addition to her work for clients, Ms. Klosek has been involved in a number of projects that have involved the provision of advice of to foreign governments and international organizations, Ms. Klosek previously served Team Leader of Intellectual Property and Technology Law for the Afghanistan Transitional Commercial Law Project, an initiative which seeks to assist Afghanistan in revising its commercial laws. She has also served as a consultant to various Directorate Generals of the European Commission in connection with a number of studies related to various aspects of the information society, including a study on International Private Law and Electronic Commerce, for which she served as the national expert for the United States.
Ms. Klosek is a key contributor to Goodwin’s Founders Workbench, an online resource for start-ups, emerging companies and the entrepreneurial community.
Prior to joining Goodwin, Ms. Klosek was employed as a legal adviser with the IT, E-Commerce and Electronic Financial Services Group in the Brussels office of Deloitte & Touche. She also completed internships with a number of international organizations, including the International Commission of Jurists in Geneva and the International Atomic Energy Agency.
Ms. Klosek has also lectured on international intellectual property law and the law of E-Commerce as an adjunct professor at New York University and at Seton Hall University.