Gabe counsels clients in a variety of sectors on privacy, cybersecurity, and other emerging data regulations, with particular focus on international frameworks, cross-border transactions, artificial intelligence regulation, augmented and virtual reality, and other data-driven technologies.
His representative matters include:
- Counselling technology, health and life sciences companies, and consumer brands on implementing of governance programs designed to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Act, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), and other federal, state, and international privacy frameworks.
- Advising technology platforms on cutting edge privacy issues, including governance of artificial intelligence (AI), facial recognition technologies, virtual and augmented reality, and data portability.
- Advising life sciences companies on clinical trials, vendor management, data sharing for research and public interest purposes, and the acquisition and integration of target companies.
- Implementing strategies to address international data transfer compliance.
- Managing investigations relating to privacy, cybersecurity, and antitrust/competition, including inquiries by the FTC, European data protection authorities, and U.S. state attorneys-general.
Before joining Goodwin, Gabe worked for top-ranked law firms in London, U.K., and Washington, D.C. He also served as a Westin Fellow at the International Association of Privacy Professionals.
Gabe is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US).