Sarah Fleury is a partner in Goodwin’s Real Estate Industry Group and leads the Real Estate practice in Paris.
Ms. Fleury focuses her practice on advising French and international investors on a wide range of real estate transactions, including asset and share deals, joint venture and real estate M&A (purchase and disposal of companies owning properties and of real estate portfolios), hospitality investments, office, logistics, residential and commercial building acquisitions, commercial leases, and sale and lease-back transactions.
She has a track record in counseling foreign clients and new players who enter the French real estate market, and broad experience working on construction matters and real-estate-related litigation/distressed real estate cases.
Prior to joining Goodwin in 2019, Ms. Fleury was a partner at Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP, where she headed the French Real Estate group.
Ms. Fleury’s representative transactions include advising:
- Alvarium Osesam on the acquisition of several value-add real assets in Paris.
- Caisse des Dépôts et des Consignations
- On the acquisition of shares within a company that will develop and operate a 4-star hotel in Saint-Gervais-les-Bains.
- In relation to a partnership with the developer Sofra, in order to build and operate a 4-star hotel, under the brand “Golden Tulip”, located in the champagne area (France).
- In relation to a partnership with the two other investors, in order to acquire and build a 4-star hotel, located in Saint-Etienne de Tinée, in the Alpes Maritimes area (France).
- Coffim and its shareholder Oaktree regarding a project to develop an office and residential building in Paris.
- Epopée Gestion
- On the acquisition of a portfolio of 5 real estate assets
- On the acquisition of an asset of 18,700 sq. m. for logistic and industrial use, located in Ploufragan (France)
- A family office, on the acquisition of one real estate asset that will consist, upon completion of refurbishment works, of an innovative office building and urban logistics center located in Paris.
- French Food Capital, on the real estate aspects of the LBO acquisition of Markal, the French expert in organic food.
- Groupe Amaury on sale of its property (a 50,000 sq.m. land) located in Saint-Ouen to the French state for the purpose of its future occupancy by French National Security Department.
- IK Investment Partners on the real estate aspects in the context of the sale of Groupe Colisée, a leading provider of nursing home and homecare services, to EQT Infrastructure.
- Keys Reim on the acquisition of a retail complex in France, comprising 20 commercial cells and 172 parking spaces in Anglet (France).
- Meininger on its commercial lease agreement with Coffim/Oaktree regarding a hotel in Marseille.
- Parquest Capital on the real estate aspects in the context of the sale of 5 Santé, a French medical clinic operator, to Korian.
- Repligen Corporation, on the real estate aspects in the context of the acquisition of Polymem, a leading industrial expert in the development and manufacture of hollow fiber membranes and modules.
- RoundShield Partners on various agreements with Six Senses Hotels and Resorts to develop, brand, manage and operate a unique luxury resort in the Loire Valley (France) that sits within the Les Bordes Estate.
- Tokoro Capital LLP on its first acquisition with the purchase of an office building in the business district of Paris.
Areas of Practice
Post Graduate Degree, Business Law
Université Paris XI
Université Paris XI
EDHEC Business School
- Avocat à la Cour, Paris, France
Recognition & Awards
Sarah Fleury has been recognized by Legal 500 Paris in the Real Estate category. According to the publication, she receives praises from clients for her “creative skills in searching for solutions.” Ms. Fleury has also been recommended by Décideurs 2022 in the area of real estate.
Sarah Fleury is a member of the steering committee of the Urban Land Institute (ULI) France and co-chair of the Product Council Innovation with ULI.
As a successful woman professional, Ms. Fleury is committed to promoting Women leadership both inside and outside of the firm. As such, she co-leads Goodwin’s Paris Women’s Initiative Committee and has been driving women-oriented mentoring sessions, client initiatives and networking opportunities.
Mrs. Fleury’s recent publications and speaking engagements include:
- Property Sciences, un marché en devenir, Business Immo, February 2022
- L'atout local du secteur des sciences de la vie, Agefi Actifs, April 2021
- La Propscience, classe d’actifs à l’aube se son expansion en Europe, Business Immo, March 2021
- Coliving : comment investir dans ce nouveau produit d’immobilier résidentiel ?, CFNews, October 2019 (co-authored with Charles-Henri de Gouvion Saint Cyr and Agnès Druot)
- Coliving : Quel modèle réglementaire adopter pour une meilleure flexibilité ?, La Tribune, September 2019, (co-authored with Agnès Druot)
- Les baux commerciaux à l’épreuve de l’évolution du secteur hôtelier, Fusions & Acquisitions Magazine, March/April 2019 (co-authored with Agnès Druot and Mélody Pagès)
- Moderated a webinar “PropTech — A solution for the real estate market?” hosted by ULI France, September 2020
- Moderated a webinar “COVID-19, an accelerating factor of innovation in real estate” hosted by ULI France, April 2020