Sarah Fleury is a partner in Goodwin’s Real Estate Industry Group and leads the Real Estate practice in Paris.
Sarah focuses her practice on advising French and international investors on a wide range of real estate transactions, including asset and share deals, joint venture and real estate M&A (purchase and disposal of companies owning properties and of real estate portfolios), hospitality investments, office, logistics, residential and commercial building acquisitions, commercial leases, and sale and lease-back transactions.
She has a track record in counseling foreign clients and new players who enter the French real estate market, and broad experience working on construction matters and real-estate-related litigation/distressed real estate cases.
Sarah is a member of the Propscience working group of France Biotech formed upon the French Government request.
Prior to joining Goodwin in 2019, Sarah was a partner at Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP, where she headed the French Real Estate group.
Sarah’s representative transactions include advising:
- Alvarium Osesam in the acquisition of several value-add real assets in Paris
- Caisse des Dépôts et Consignations
- in the acquisition of shares within a company that will develop and operate a 4-star hotel in Saint-Gervais-les-Bains
- in relation to a partnership with the developer Sofra, in order to build and operate a 4-star hotel, under the brand “Golden Tulip”, located in the champagne area (France)
- in relation to a partnership with the two other investors, in order to acquire and build a 4-star hotel, located in Saint-Etienne de Tinée, in the Alpes Maritimes area (France)
- Coffim and its shareholder Oaktree in a project to develop an office and residential building in Paris
- Epopée Gestion
- in the acquisition of a portfolio of 5 real estate assets
- in the acquisition of an asset of 18,700 sq. m. for logistic and industrial use, located in Ploufragan (France)
- Exegy, a portfolio company of Marlin Equity Partners, in the real estate aspects of the acquisition of Enyx S.A, a leading developer and provider of FPGA-based, ultra-low latency trading technology and solutions for the finance industry
- a family office, in the acquisition of one real estate asset that will consist, upon completion of refurbishment works, of an innovative office building and urban logistics center located in Paris
- French Food Capital, in the real estate aspects of the LBO acquisition of Markal, the French expert in organic food
- Groupe Amaury in sale of its property (a 50,000 sq.m. land) located in Saint-Ouen to the French state for the purpose of its future occupancy by French National Security Department
- IK Investment Partners in the real estate aspects of the sale of Groupe Colisée, a leading provider of nursing home and homecare services, to EQT Infrastructure
- Keys Reim in the acquisition of a retail complex in France, comprising 20 commercial cells and 172 parking spaces in Anglet (France)
- Meininger in its commercial lease agreement with Coffim/Oaktree regarding a hotel in Marseille
- Parquest Capital in the real estate aspects of the sale of 5 Santé, a French medical clinic operator, to Korian
- Repligen Corporation, in the real estate aspects of the acquisition of Polymem, a leading industrial expert in the development and manufacture of hollow fiber membranes and modules
- RoundShield Partners in various agreements with Six Senses Hotels and Resorts to develop, brand, manage and operate a unique luxury resort in the Loire Valley (France) that sits within the Les Bordes Estate
- Tokoro Capital LLP in its first acquisition of an office building in the business district of Paris
- Umiami, a foodtech focusing on creating, manufacturing and marketing plant-based meat and fish fillet substitutes, in the acquisition of a Unilever factory to set up its first production site for vegetable meat made in France
Post Graduate Degree, Business Law
Université Paris XI
Université Paris XI
EDHEC Business School
- Avocat à la Cour, Paris, France
Recognition & Awards
Sarah Fleury has been recognized by Legal 500 in the Real Estate category.
Sarah Fleury is a member of the steering committee of the Urban Land Institute (ULI) France and co-chair of the Product Council Innovation with ULI.
As a successful woman professional, Sarah is committed to promoting Women leadership both inside and outside of the firm. As such, she co-leads Goodwin’s Paris Women’s Initiative Committee and has been driving women-oriented mentoring sessions, client initiatives and networking opportunities.
Sarah Fleury's recent publications and speaking engagements include:
- Le métavers, nouveau terrain de construction, L’Agefi, June 2022
- Property Sciences, un marché en devenir, Business Immo, February 2022 (co-authored with Anne-Charlotte Rivière)
- L'atout local du secteur des sciences de la vie, Agefi Actifs, April 2021
- La Propscience, classe d’actifs à l’aube se son expansion en Europe, Business Immo, March 2021
- Moderated a round table “Immobilier et Climat, choisir entre frugalité ou innovation technologique”, hosted by ULI France at their annual conference, November 2022
- Moderated a webinar “PropTech – A solution for the real estate market?” hosted by ULI France, September 2020
- Moderated a webinar “COVID-19, an accelerating factor of innovation in real estate” hosted by ULI France, April 2020