Sarah Michel is a partner in Goodwin’s Private Equity group and a member of the Private Investment Funds practice in Paris.
She represents many of the most prominent and leading French and European investment funds on all aspects of their fund business including fund formation and structuring, carried-interest schemes for management teams, structuring co-investments, reorganizations and restructurings. Sarah also assists French and European clients with respect to their regulatory issues.
Sarah advises private investment funds across a wide variety of strategies: buyout funds, venture/tech funds, real estate funds, infrastructure funds, fund of funds, mezzanine funds, secondary funds, debt funds, and distressed funds.
Prior to joining Goodwin in 2017, Sarah was an associate at King & Wood Mallesons (formerly SJ Berwin).
Sarah is fluent in French and English.
Sarah’s recent experience includes advising:
- Antin Infrastructure Partners in the fundraising of Antin Infrastructure Partners IV, with a total commitment of €6.5 billion
- Artemid in the first closing of its third fund, Artemid Senior Loan III, with a total commitment of €400 million
- Chequers Capital in the fundraising of Chequers Capital XVII, with a total commitment of €1.1 billion
- EMZ Partners in the fundraising of EMZ 9, with a total commitment of €1.043 billion
- Initiative & Finance in the fundraising of Tomorrow Private Equity Fund I (TPEF I), with a total commitment of €400 million
- Jolt Capital in the fundraising of its fourth growth fund Jolt Capital IV, with a total commitment of €271 million
- Latour Capital Management in the fundraising of its third generation of funds, for a total amount of more than 1 billion euros
- L Catterton Europe in the fundraising of its fourth Europe-focused fund, L Catterton Europe IV
- Mérieux Equity Partners in the fundraising of Mérieux Participations 4 SLP, with a total commitment of €600 million
- Naxicap Partners in the fundraising of Naxicap Investment Opportunities II, with a total commitment of €856 million. Coupled with an additional €700 million from co-investments and specific mandates, Naxicap Partners secured aggregate commitments of €1.5 billion
- Rothschild & Co in the fundraising of Five Arrows Principal Investments III (FAPI III), with a total commitment of €1.25 billion
- Sagard in the fundraising of Sagard 3, with a total commitment of €800 million
Institut d’Études Politiques
Master in Business and Tax Law
University of Paris I - Panthéon Sorbonne
BAEuropean Studies and Modern Language
University of Northumbria
- Avocat à la Cour, Paris
Recognition & Awards
Sarah is recognized in her field by International preeminent, peer-reviewed publications.
- Top ranked as Leading Individual in Private Equity: Fund formation by the last edition of the Legal 500 EMEA guid
- Recognized in Rising Stars: Europe's Best Up-and-Coming Female Lawyers for 2021 by Law.com
As a successful woman professional, Sarah is committed to promoting Women leadership both inside and outside of the firm. As such, she co-leads Goodwin’s Paris Women’s Initiative Committee and has been driving women-oriented mentoring sessions, client initiatives and networking opportunities.
- Speaker, “Crible : la “nouvelle vie” des GPs.”, Conférence LBO 2023, Les Echos Capital Finance, April 2023