Chambers Europe has recognized a record 16 Goodwin lawyers and 8 practice areas for excellence in its recently released 2021 rankings. The number of ranked lawyers and practices represents the highest totals in firm history, as over the last two years Goodwin has added rankings for 7 lawyers and 5 practices.
This year, Goodwin received recognition in Private Equity, Private Investment Funds, Real Estate and Financial Restructuring, while building on its strengths in Banking & Finance, Real Estate Finance, Real Estate Investment Funds and Tax. These results further reinforce Goodwin’s dramatic growth and market reputation across Europe, as well as the firm’s ability to advise innovators and investors around the world.
The following Goodwin practice areas were highly ranked by Chambers Europe.
- Banking & Finance - “Prominent team predominantly active on acquisition and leveraged finance with further expertise in debt refinancing.”
- Private Equity – “Impressive private equity team acting on major mid-market and high-end LBOs and investments.”
- Private Equity: Fund Formation - “Advises leading French and international private equity funds as well as acting for the management of target companies with activity in the technology arena.”
- Tax - "Technically proficient and commercially minded” team that is “skilled in the tax structuring aspects of corporate and private equity transactions.”
- Real Estate - “First-rate” practice that “frequently advises on the structuring and implementation of funds, most notably in the US and the UK.”
- Real Estate: Finance - “Has a strong footprint in financing, advising both the borrower and lender sides on the refinancings and mezzanine financing of portfolios and single assets.”
- Investment Funds: Private Equity - “Their strength is their depth of market experience - they know exactly what managers and investors want.”
- Investment Funds: Real Estate - “They are seasoned professionals, great on legal and regulatory requirements and they have a global network of contacts.”
Goodwin partners were also commended as leading lawyers in their field.
- Maxence Bloch - Private Equity: Mid-Market
- Arnaud David - Private Equity: Fund Formation
- Christophe Digoy - Private Equity: Mid-Market
- Céline Domenget Morin - Restructuring / Insolvency
- Arnaud Fromion - Banking & Finance
- Frédéric Guilloux - Banking & Finance
- Thomas Maitrejean - Private Equity: Mid-Market
- Marc Bohne - Real Estate
- Peter Junghänel - Real Estate
- Stephan Kock - Banking & Finance / Real Estate: Finance