Ms. Thurbon’s recent work includes:
- Drafting and negotiating various agreements for bespoke technology solutions, clinical trials, software licences, cloud subscription services, and general commercial contracts for clients:
- Assisting various pharmaceutical companies with the commercial arrangements and data protection consideration regarding the operation of clinical trials.
- Advising various software businesses (and investors) in understanding and resolving potential open source software issues.
- Drafting equipment leases and supply agreements for a manufacturer of ecofriendly materials and negotiating terms with its multinational customers.
- Drafting franchise and management agreements for the operation of online food delivery platforms.
- Assisting a mental health charity with its mobile gaming application terms and conditions.
- Drafting end-user license agreements and service agreements for SaaS providers.
- Providing comprehensive GDPR readiness advice to a number of clients including: clinical trials, SaaS providers, fund managers and other participants in the structure, data providers, charities, and a web hosting and cloud computing provider.
- Developing privacy compliance programs for multi-national companies and preparing data processing agreements for a range of clients leading up to, and following, the implementation of GDPR.
- Advising on the protection of intellectual property rights, commercial and technology contract issues, data protection and competition law compliance on a range of mergers and acquisition and private equity deals, relating to companies in the software, education, energy, finance, telecommunications, data analytics, pharmaceutical and manufacturing industries:
- Informa plc on its acquisition of open research publisher F1000 Research Limited.
- Monotype Imaging Inc. on its acquisition of Fontsmith Ltd, a boutique font foundry in London.
- A California-based SaaS provider in connection with its acquisition of a leading UK provider of research analysis software.
- ECI Partners and the management team, on the sale of Kelvin Hughes, a provider of navigation, radar and surveillance solutions to navies, coastguards and civil infrastructure and commercial marine clients, to Hensoldt.
- Amplify Snack Brands, a platform food company listed on the NYSE, on its acquisition of Tyrrells, a manufacturer of premium potato and vegetable chips, from Investcorp and the existing management team, valuing Tyrrells at £300 million.
- A London private equity firm in connection with its acquisition of a child care home group.
Prior to becoming an associate in the Technology and Life Sciences group, Ms. Thurbon was a paralegal in both Goodwin’s Funds and Private Equity teams following which Ms. Thurbon completed her training contract at Goodwin. Before joining Goodwin, Ms. Thurbon was a paralegal in the real estate finance and banking teams at Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner LLP. She also worked in the property litigation and securitisation teams at Devonshires Solicitors LLP.