From traditional medical device implants, to advanced robotic surgical equipment, to AI-infused diagnostics, the medtech industry is at the heart of patient care. As medtech evolves, legal, regulatory and compliance issues also become more complicated. Goodwin sits at the intersection of medical technology and the law, and we serve as a one-stop-shop for medtech clients seeking to maneuver through this evolving and complicated web of laws, regulations, guidance and industry standards.
Goodwin’s cross-functional team of lawyers serves the medtech industry across all aspects of the corporate lifecycle. We advise medtech companies on a litany of issues, including company formation, business-minded development of an intellectual property portfolio, guidance throughout the investment process, counseling on clinical research set-up and government approvals, and addressing all manner of commercialization-related issues. Goodwin’s lawyers are dedicated to addressing the growing number of complex legal and regulatory questions that face the medtech industry.
Our team offers medtech clients a one-stop-shop for their legal needs, including:
- Corporate Formation and Venture Financings
- Capital Markets and other investment types
- Intellectual Property
- FDA regulation, clinical studies and approvals
- Healthcare fraud and abuse
- Compliance Program development
- Coverage billing and reimbursement
- Commercial, IP, and Securities Litigation
- Government Enforcement
- Data, Privacy and Cybersecurity