The financial services industry is experiencing an unprecedented technology revolution. Recent studies predict that worldwide IT spending for financial services will reach $500 billion before decade’s end, and FinTech investment has tripled globally since 2008.
The increased complexity of financial products, stringent oversight and regulation, and the need to improve profitability and streamline processes are driving financial institutions and financial services participants to deploy a growing range of finance-related software. As one of the only law firms with market-leading technology and financial industry practices, Goodwin has been advising clients in the FinTech sector for over a decade and has extensive experience working with both established and emerging businesses in virtually all market segments.
Our FinTech attorneys – supported by strong and well-established cross-disciplinary teams in private equity, intellectual property litigation, consumer financial services litigation, business litigation and government investigations – are committed to providing outstanding client service and offer practical, strategic and cost-effective counsel.
With significant depth of experience, a wide footprint in key industry markets and diverse and dynamic clients, Goodwin is uniquely positioned as a “one-stop” shop for FinTech clients pursuing strategic transactions, regulatory compliance and litigation matters.
FinTech Sector Experience includes:
- Bank processes - Core bank processors, electronic data storage, encryption technology, peer-to-peer lending, loans & mortgages
- Capital markets - Exchanges, trading & risk management, trading platforms and facilitators, securities processing, risk management, investment management
- Payments – digital currency, networks, processors, prepayment cards, E-commerce money transfer, ATM processing, hardware/software
- Financial Information Services
- Private equity and venture capital financing
- M&A Transactions
- IPOs and other exits
- Joint ventures, strategic alliances, outsourcing
- IP counseling, prosecution, licensing, and litigation
- Securities and bank regulatory counseling, licensing, and litigation
- Privacy and cybersecurity compliance counseling, analytics, and litigation
- Defense of AG, FTC, and other government enforcement actions
Ranked Top 5 law firm for venture capital financings for the past two years
Ranked Among Top Law Firms for M&A in FinTech.
Laura Hodges Taylor Named to Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly’s Top Women of Law 2018View More
FEATURE: FinTech, Regulation, and the Law (Blue Dun)View More
BYLINE: Why Bank-Fintech Partnerships are Here to Stay (Bank Director)View More
Brian McPeake Named to Daily Journal’s 40 Under 40 ListView More